PVDs?

DOK

Yeah but this doesn't solve the problem. They will flood the system with PVDs. They will cut all planned days to 8 hours and take advantage of the weak drivers by convincing them to go home.

PVDs was a strike issue. Now it's tucked back in the corner hoping no one notices.

I didn't expect pvds to go away but there better be some damn language to stop the company from abusing them, and letting part timers have first dibs is not going to do anything.
Is there language in there making sure all drivers are working before pvds are used?
Also, What is now the new peak season dates?

542thruNthru

Is there language in there making sure all drivers are working before pvds are used?
Also, What is now the new peak season dates?
You have an 8 hour guarantee but like I said drivers are easily "persuaded" to take a day off. Then also the people who's routes get cut and spread out everywhere so they can claim it wasn't just given to seasonals.

New peak is 5 weeks apparently

Has that changed? If drivers want the hours can they take the work from the pvd?
I don't know but I'm just saying the company knows how much work we have
I parked you understand they want to give the PVD drivers and at work so they don't quit but at the same time I do not pay Union dues to get shorter on my paycheck

DOK

You have an 8 hour guarantee but like I said drivers are easily "persuaded" to take a day off. Then also the people who's routes get cut and spread out everywhere so they can claim it wasn't just given to seasonals.

New peak is 5 weeks apparently
Yes I agree, and also there are those who don’t want work taken off of them to a point where they only have 8 hours, hope there’s protection written for that.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't like pvds on principal but if we have to have them then at least existing teamsters can go do that if they want to...I personally know of some PTers who wanted to be pvds last peak for a little extra cash and were denied.
They pulled this same crap to me for driver helper and, what I am very worried about, the missing opportunities to do driver helper with the company going gung-ho on this idea that PVD are bettah. Because I would certainly not want my ability to get extra work and experience tied to my (now completely non-existant) car.

On a side note: Living a life where you only drive something that is fully paid and insured by somebody else is a wonderful life. The gig economy, to me, is like hell incarnate.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
They pulled this same crap to me for driver helper and, what I am very worried about, the missing opportunities to do driver helper with the company going gung-ho on this idea that PVD are bettah. Because I would certainly not want my ability to get extra work and experience tied to my (now completely non-existant) car.

On a side note: Living a life where you only drive something that is fully paid and insured by somebody else is a wonderful life. The gig economy, to me, is like hell incarnate.
I never got called for driver helper either. I also don’t like the idea of using my car to deliver packages. It’s why I don’t use my phone for company business. Put them in a package car and make better opportunities happen.

Emergency Conditions

I'm right there with you. If I'm driving my own vehicle for work then it's gonna be as an owner/operator and I'll be negotiating my own rates.

nWo

Screenshot_20230726-160436.png

542thruNthru

sketch-1690485170870.jpg

I find it funny that this was on the vote no page a few years back. I guess he's still waiting to see how strong the backing and commitment of the IBT is.... :)