FOX news promotes business who violates Federal Law...

moreluck

golden ticket member
If there were valid points, maybe they would be addressed, but the ravings of a troll are not valid points.

Yeah, I'm a troll....look out for those jokes and recipes !!!! :rofl:

av8torntn

If there were valid points, maybe they would be addressed, but the ravings of a troll are not valid points.

Yeah, I'm a troll....look out for those jokes and recipes !!!! :rofl:

Exactly why should I take the time to address the troll with valid arguments? That would lose the entertainment value. I tried that in a couple threads and troll one and troll two just pretended that I didn't even make the posts.

BrownArmy

Basically you're both saying that you won't address any valid points in the 'troll''s posts...

So basically you're 'trolling' the 'troll'...

Whatever you think about TOS, he brings up valid points.

You refuse to acknowledge these points, or give them their due, and so you lose the argument by default.

Think about it for a minute.

oldngray

nowhere special
Think about why someone has a troll label. That means valid logical arguments are a waste of time. We have tried that approach and our arguments are never rebutted or replied to in any sensible manner, so trolls get ignored, not encouraged.

av8torntn

Basically you're both saying that you won't address any valid points in the 'troll''s posts...

So basically you're 'trolling' the 'troll'...

Whatever you think about TOS, he brings up valid points.

You refuse to acknowledge these points, or give them their due, and so you lose the argument by default.

Think about it for a minute.

No exactly what I am saying is I treat people as they want to be treated. He has shown that he loves to be mocked so I oblige. If there were a valid point to be addressed I am capable and willing. I actually see you in the same light. Even though you have not made any valid points I went ahead and addressed you in a fair manner.

Whatever you think of the troll he does not bring up valid points.

av8torntn

Think about why someone has a troll label. That means valid logical arguments are a waste of time. We have tried that approach and our arguments are never rebutted or replied to in any sensible manner, so trolls get ignored, not encouraged.

Exactly all this troll will do is counter with a personal attack. These may take several forms. Ive observed him offer racism charges, name calling, and outright lies. None of this is a valid point as his defender may claim.

MAKAVELI

When you are responding, you are not ignoring.

BrownArmy

No exactly what I am saying is I treat people as they want to be treated. He has shown that he loves to be mocked so I oblige. If there were a valid point to be addressed I am capable and willing. I actually see you in the same light. Even though you have not made any valid points I went ahead and addressed you in a fair manner.

Whatever you think of the troll he does not bring up valid points.

Interesting.

The 'troll', so to speak, actually brings up many valid points for discussion.

I guess you're not interested in a discussion.

I've seen your responses in a lot of other threads, and it more or less comes down to this: you are not willing to engage in an exchange of ideas: you have a mindset that you aren't willing to move from.

That's fine, it is what it is.

Please don't hurt your arm by patting yourself on the back...

av8torntn

Interesting.

The 'troll', so to speak, actually brings up many valid points for discussion.

I guess you're not interested in a discussion.

I've seen your responses in a lot of other threads, and it more or less comes down to this: you are not willing to engage in an exchange of ideas: you have a mindset that you aren't willing to move from.

That's fine, it is what it is.

Please don't hurt your arm by patting yourself on the back...

Yet you haven't brought up one valid point here but you have a problem with my valid point of addressing a troll as troll. Interesting.

wkmac

How many posts does it take in calling someone a troll, even if true, for the name caller to become a troll as well?

BrownArmy

Yet you haven't brought up one valid point here but you have a problem with my valid point of addressing a troll as troll. Interesting.

Look guy, the troll is a troll, etc...

There, have I addressed your 'valid' point?

It seems you're missing my point...

You aren't addressing the substantive issues that the 'troll' is bringing up.

Instead of dealing with the issues the 'troll' is bringing up, you simply call 'troll' and walk away.

If you don't like what the 'troll' is saying, address those things point by point and prove to us all why the 'troll' is a 'troll'.

Otherwise, you're losing the debate by default.

Is that clear enough for you?

av8torntn

Look guy, the troll is a troll, etc...

There, have I addressed your 'valid' point?

It seems you're missing my point...

You aren't addressing the substantive issues that the 'troll' is bringing up.

Instead of dealing with the issues the 'troll' is bringing up, you simply call 'troll' and walk away.

If you don't like what the 'troll' is saying, address those things point by point and prove to us all why the 'troll' is a 'troll'.

Otherwise, you're losing the debate by default.

Is that clear enough for you?

Again since you missed it the first time. I have addressed every substantive issue the troll brought up. You may not like that and I really do not care. I am not sure why you feel that defending the troll is so important to you but to each his own.

Hope that was clear enough for you.

Do you feel better?

BrownArmy

Again since you missed it the first time. I have addressed every substantive issue the troll brought up. You may not like that and I really do not care. I am not sure why you feel that defending the troll is so important to you but to each his own.

Hope that was clear enough for you.

Do you feel better?

I feel fine, thanks for asking.

Yet, in fact, you've not addressed a single thing, vis-a-vis the 'troll'.

Oh well, thanks for the conversation, cheers, sleep well...

av8torntn

I feel fine, thanks for asking.

Yet, in fact, you've not addressed a single thing, vis-a-vis the 'troll'.

Oh well, thanks for the conversation, cheers, sleep well...

I did address it as you freely admitted I was correct in addressing the troll as a troll. Thanks for playing.

Sleep well