Fred Z and Sean O unify so they can run together, but they need RH out of the way

Faceplanted

It's only been successfully used twice, in the last 46 years.

Bush in 2002 and Nixon in 1971. In 1997, Clinton didn't even use it.

UPS has a huge affect on the "health and safety" of the entire country ?

That's a long reach.

-Bug-
It didn't even take Taft Hartley for the Amazon pilots to be forced back to work per a federal judge. What do they do that is any different than what we do?

Lives depend on ups. Human tissue shipments for surgery, life and death medications for customers..... the list goes on and on, and any anti union government can spin it hard.

LeadBelly

Banned
How can you say that when there supposedly hasn't even been any negotiations yet???

Doesn't that make you just like anHOURover when you venture to prognosticate such a thing before the negotiations even start.

What I find suspicious is that I have now heard this same mantra from several people who claim to be "in the know".
Reminds me of the same canned speech the last six Division Managers spouted in my building, when they claimed to have never had an accident or injury because the live by "the methods".
It's obvious, if you listen closely, when people are reading from the same script.

What I predict, is more of the same, as the players at the table have not changed.
This game of musical chairs hasn't sold me, no matter how tough Sean O and the rest of you think he is.

Because at the end of the day, it's like when I was a kid sitting on Dad's lap steering the tractor, thinking I was the one making it all happen, when in reality nothing happened and not a turn was made, or a blade of grass cut, unless he approved.

Tim+gives+Colin+a+ride+on+the+lawn+mower.jpg
I guess only time will tell

LeadBelly

Banned
@LeadBelly I asked the question above ^...
I'll ask it again.
Who is "we"?

I'm not afraid to say what members saw and heard in "proposal" meetings it's getting more educational on our end.

Not everyone is ignorant or stupid. We're watching. And will react to what we see, not hear.
I just answered you sorry took me so long I have other commitments

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It didn't even take Taft Hartley for the Amazon pilots to be forced back to work per a federal judge.

Different situation.

"About 250 pilots for ABX Air went on strike early Tuesday in a dispute over working conditions and time off. Dozens of flights and more than 1 million pounds of cargo were held up.

The airline went to court to end the strike, saying its timing threatened to leave millions of dollars’ worth of freight undelivered to homes and stores during the Christmas shopping season.

ABX argued that the union was violating federal law by conducting a strike before checking off the necessary steps that federal law requires before a work stoppage in the airline industry."

Judge orders striking cargo pilots back to work

-Bug-

Faceplanted

Different situation.

"About 250 pilots for ABX Air went on strike early Tuesday in a dispute over working conditions and time off. Dozens of flights and more than 1 million pounds of cargo were held up.

The airline went to court to end the strike, saying its timing threatened to leave millions of dollars’ worth of freight undelivered to homes and stores during the Christmas shopping season.

ABX argued that the union was violating federal law by conducting a strike before checking off the necessary steps that federal law requires before a work stoppage in the airline industry."

Judge orders striking cargo pilots back to work

-Bug-
How's that aviation mechanic contract coming along... how about that ups pilot strike that never happened because of all the measures we have to go through to get a strike APPROVED by the gov? Our situation is no different than the pilots or aviation mechanics

We won't strike brother.... trust me on that

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How's that aviation mechanic contract coming along... how about that ups pilot strike that never happened because of all the measures we have to go through to get a strike APPROVED by the gov? Our situation is no different than the pilots or aviation mechanics

We won't strike brother.... trust me on that
Did you get a copy of the proposal?

anHOURover

Or maybe we just cut Philly out of the picture since nobody has a mind of their own? He's been traveling to places with real issues.
You rat.

Now I'm going extra hard with the no vote in Philly. Tell the Boston bully we are waiting on the island for him ! Signs out and bull horn ready

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's only been successfully used twice, in the last 46 years.

Bush in 2002 and Nixon in 1971. In 1997, Clinton didn't even use it.

UPS has a huge affect on the "health and safety" of the entire country ?

That's a long reach.

-Bug-
I don't know???

I deliver an enormous amount of maintenance drugs, to many segments of the population......

......including the veterans via the VA, as well as those of us in medical plans like TeamCare.

~Bbbl~™

A

Article 3

I don't know???

I deliver an enormous amount of maintenance drugs, to many segments of the population......

......including the veterans via the VA, as well as those of us in medical plans like TeamCare.

~Bbbl~™
A large percentage of which is next day aired proving the urgency of the issue.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Are you guys saying that no matter who is IBT president Hoffa or Zuck that we wouldn't be able to strike because of the urgency of our packages (ya know cuz we are the only shipping company out there)?

A

Article 3

Are you guys saying that no matter who is IBT president Hoffa or Zuck that we wouldn't be able to strike because of the urgency of our packages (ya know cuz we are the only shipping company out there)?
Are they filing the paperwork this time?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I wasn't saying anything, rather thinking out loud.

What I am saying is that enacting Taft Hartley will be an "arbitrary determination", much as "avoid-ability" is, in regards to an accident, in our progression of discipline at UPS.

We all know how that works...

When did it go from "at fault" to "avoidable" in order to discipline.
Who let that crap in?