Fred Z and Sean O unify so they can run together, but they need RH out of the way

LeadBelly

Banned
I'm already planning on spending August on the strike line. I've planned for it. Some of the newer members will be affected by the outcome, as they will either be laid off or not work. We will give the members what they want. If they want to take it to the street I've already come to peace with this. Bring it on.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Trust me
The fact that he has not snuck in Philly yet shows how scared he is. He knows PHILLY WILL BE HIS BIGGEST PROBLEM IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!
SIMPLE FACT IS
OUR HEALTHCARE WAS 10 TIMES BETTER WHEN THE "COMPANY CONTROLLED IT"
FACT
Or maybe we just cut Philly out of the picture since nobody has a mind of their own? He's been traveling to places with real issues.

A

Article 3

I'm already planning on spending August on the strike line. I've planned for it. Some of the newer members will be affected by the outcome, as they will either be laid off or not work. We will give the members what they want. If they want to take it to the street I've already come to peace with this. Bring it on.
Who is "we"?

Faceplanted

When will you guys understand Clinton is not president. Trump will never allow a strike. It will 1 day max 2 days before the fed gov tells us to get back to work.

Getting all excited for nothing

Taft-Harley will be used if we do strike

Ups is well aware of this fact

Last edited:

Faceplanted

This got me thinking..... some union officials are already talking strike.... acting tough.... are they ignorant or just stupid to the fact that Taft Hartley will be used by trump if we even did strike?

Is this cheat puffing all a show for another concession filled contract. My tin foil hat wearing self thinks so.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How can you say that when there supposedly hasn't even been any negotiations yet???

Doesn't that make you just like anHOURover when you venture to prognosticate such a thing before the negotiations even start.

What I find suspicious is that I have now heard this same mantra from several people who claim to be "in the know".
Reminds me of the same canned speech the last six Division Managers spouted in my building, when they claimed to have never had an accident or injury because the live by "the methods".
It's obvious, if you listen closely, when people are reading from the same script.

What I predict, is more of the same, as the players at the table have not changed.
This game of musical chairs hasn't sold me, no matter how tough Sean O and the rest of you think he is.

Because at the end of the day, it's like when I was a kid sitting on Dad's lap steering the tractor, thinking I was the one making it all happen, when in reality nothing happened and not a turn was made, or a blade of grass cut, unless he approved.

Tim+gives+Colin+a+ride+on+the+lawn+mower.jpg

Last edited:
A

Article 3

@LeadBelly I asked the question above ^...
I'll ask it again.
Who is "we"?

I'm not afraid to say what members saw and heard in "proposal" meetings it's getting more educational on our end.

Not everyone is ignorant or stupid. We're watching. And will react to what we see, not hear.

wide load

This got me thinking..... some union officials are already talking strike.... acting tough.... are they ignorant or just stupid to the fact that Taft Hartley will be used by trump if we even did strike?

Is this cheat puffing all a show for another concession filled contract. My tin foil hat wearing self thinks so.
You TDU guys kill me. Nothing can ever just be.

Faceplanted

You TDU guys kill me. Nothing can ever just be.
What are you talking about tdu. For the 100th time I'm not tdu. I would consider my self a reformist tired of the concessions.

So now like I said... wide load... do u honestly think trump would not use Taft-Hartley to get us back to work in a day or two even if we did strike? Honestly?

The past 2 concession filled contracts put us in a hole so deep we will not recover.

Keep talking big man strike game... it will never happen under this president. How did it work out for those amazon/freight pilots? You appear to be too smart for me to call you ignorant/stupid so what is it? You just playing tough?... cause ups and anybody with any sense knows there will not be any type of strike that lasts.

Ups is not some beer distribution company in Long Island.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Your tin foil hat is on to tight.

For the president to invoke Taft Hartley, a UPS strike would have to adversely affect

the "health and safety" of the country. And then, it has to be approved by a federal judge.

-Bug-

wide load

What are you talking about tdu. For the 100th time I'm not tdu. I would consider my self a reformist tired of the concessions.

So now like I said... wide load... do u honestly think trump would not use Taft-Hartley to get us back to work in a day or two even if we did strike? Honestly?

The past 2 concession filled contracts put us in :censored2: so deep we will not recover.

Keep talking big man strike game... it will never happen under this president. How did it work out for those amazon/freight pilots? You appear to be too smart for me to call you ignorant/stupid so what is it? You just playing tough?... cause ups and anybody with any sense knows there will not be any type of strike that lasts.

Ups is not some beer distribution company in Long Island.
If it were his second term, he would use it.

Faceplanted

Your tin foil hat is on to tight.

For the president to invoke Taft Hartley, a UPS strike would have to adversely affect

the "health and safety" of the country. And then, it has to be approved by a federal judge.

-Bug-
it could easily be said we have a huge effect on the health and safety of the country. A federal judge can tell us to get back to work with a couple days.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How can you say that when there supposedly hasn't even been any negotiations yet???

Doesn't that make you just like anHOURover when you venture to prognosticate such a thing before the negotiations even start.

What I find suspicious is that I have now heard this same mantra from several people who claim to be "in the know".
Reminds me of the same canned speech the last six Division Managers spouted in my building, when they claimed to have never had an accident or injury because the live by "the methods".
It's obvious, if you listen closely, when people are reading from the same script.

What I predict, is more of the same, as the players at the table have not changed.
This game of musical chairs hasn't sold me, no matter how tough Sean O and the rest of you think he is.

Because at the end of the day, it's like when I was a kid sitting on Dad's lap steering the tractor, thinking I was the one making it all happen, when in reality nothing happened and not a turn was made, or a blade of grass cut, unless he approved.

Tim+gives+Colin+a+ride+on+the+lawn+mower.jpg
Most of us know there is 0% chance of a strike. This is company friendly Hoffa we're talking about. This will be the 3rd contract in a row of give-backs and each is progressively worse than the last. Meanwhile, the IBT will pretend to battle UPS -and with the final offer, the IBT will sell it as a victory. we'll be haggled with the usual "vote yes, it's a great contract" outside our guardshacks. It's the same old song and dance.

Some of the posters here on the union side should be ashamed, but they don't have any heart, rather blind loyalty.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
it could easily be said we have a huge effect on the health and safety of the country. A federal judge can tell us to get back to work with a couple days.

It's only been successfully used twice, in the last 46 years.

Bush in 2002 and Nixon in 1971. In 1997, Clinton didn't even use it.

UPS has a huge affect on the "health and safety" of the entire country ?

That's a long reach.

-Bug-