Free Money In Chicago

Observer

The ONLY government program that works is WIC. This is where you are provided certain nutritional items monthly for your kids under 5. Milk, cereal, juice, eggs, cheese, formula. You have to turn in coupons to get the items. There are no exchanges for other items. You get these items. Food stamp program should be the same way. Handing idiots with no financial skills money monthly HURTS the people who pay for the program. They can find these people work even if it sweeping floors, etc. They need to learn the work ethic. I for one am tired of my tax dollars paying for teenagers getting pregnant all the time and I'm paying for them. You get one mistake in life and your parents are going to be the ones to assist you with turning your life around, not the taxpayers. Chicago is doomed if they do this. I thought Rahm was going to improve things? Ha Ha - all he did was give Obama prime real estate for his "library" - WHAT!!! - Obama's hometown is Honolulu - why is he building it in Chicago?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How's that worked out?
Fairly well.
The problem is the multitude of special and specific welfare programs. A negative income tax that phases out should replace all of those decentivizing handouts.

Milton Friedman talks at length about a negative income tax and compares the earned income tax credit to a first step in that direction. He's a champion of free market capitalism and I don't think anyone in their right mind would consider him a pro welfare liberal.

floridays

The ONLY government program that works is WIC. This is where you are provided certain nutritional items monthly for your kids under 5. Milk, cereal, juice, eggs, cheese, formula. You have to turn in coupons to get the items. There are no exchanges for other items. You get these items. Food stamp program should be the same way. Handing idiots with no financial skills money monthly HURTS the people who pay for the program. They can find these people work even if it sweeping floors, etc. They need to learn the work ethic. I for one am tired of my tax dollars paying for teenagers getting pregnant all the time and I'm paying for them. You get one mistake in life and your parents are going to be the ones to assist you with turning your life around, not the taxpayers. Chicago is doomed if they do this. I thought Rahm was going to improve things? Ha Ha - all he did was give Obama prime real estate for his "library" - WHAT!!! - Obama's hometown is Honolulu - why is he building it in Chicago?
Buddy, keep that line of thinking and you're in for real problems on this site. You did a nice job with this post.

Bleach your hood and press your cape, marshmallow roast begins at 7 on the nose. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oldngray

nowhere special
Drugs? This is money to live on. I don't think someone in need would waste the funds on something like drugs.

Wally made a funny. Lol.
wally shucks.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
For sure. More charities should do what the government can't do. Maybe they can do more to help?
Absolutely ... Americans are very generous people especially when helping indigent people.
Churches are great providers to the indigent and I really appreciate and respect their helping Latinos new in the country learn English and 'The American Way' and of course Christianity.