Free speech

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

It’s a scary world we’re living in where you can’t wear a t-shirt of choice or speak your thoughts on an issue without fear of being fired or having your life as well as family members’ lives ruined.

I saw something last week where a guy had a picture on his Facebook page of a stuffed “person” with a noose around its neck. That picture went around the internet like wildfire with people doxing him AND his family. There is no one on this Earth who is exempt from doing stupid things. Unfortunately, now the whole world can see it online within hours. Where are we headed that people have to watch everything they do or say so as not to offend SOMEONE?

It will be fine

It’s a scary world we’re living in where you can’t wear a t-shirt of choice or speak your thoughts on an issue without fear of being fired or having your life as well as family members’ lives ruined.

I saw something last week where a guy had a picture on his Facebook page of a stuffed “person” with a noose around its neck. That picture went around the internet like wildfire with people doxing him AND his family. There is no one on this Earth who is exempt from doing stupid things. Unfortunately, now the whole world can see it online within hours. Where are we headed that people have to watch everything they do or say so as not to offend SOMEONE?
Your mad people can’t post images of lynchings without consequence? People are free to be offensive. They aren’t free from the consequences that come with it.

vantexan

Nah, this is just more conservative victimhood crying. “What type world is this where we can’t use the N-word? Boo hoo my life is so hard I can’t denigrate whole populations without consequence. Whaaaaaa!”
When outfits like NBC go to GOOGLE to get their rivals and critics demonitized it's about more than some idiot using the wrong word.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Nah, this is just more conservative victimhood crying. “What type world is this where we can’t use the N-word? Boo hoo my life is so hard I can’t denigrate whole populations without consequence. Whaaaaaa!”
CCD8A2FE-710D-4943-87B1-5E5C7F83A252.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Whether you like it or not. And I'm sure you don't.
I have the right to use the N-word.

That does not give anyone the right to actively threaten me or my family.
Period.

The "consequences" cannot be to threaten my life.

One group is being incredibly rude by using a word.
The other group is being felons.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Whether you like it or not. And I'm sure you don't.
I have the right to use the N-word.

That does not give anyone the right to actively threaten me or my family.
Period.

The "consequences" cannot be to threaten my life.

One group is being incredibly rude by using a word.
The other group is being felons.

That word has been used to not only threaten but used in conjunction with actual violence against an entire race of people.

Please excuse me if I don't give a :censored2: about your plight of not being allowed to use this word as an expression of your overt racism!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
That word has been used to not only threaten but used in conjunction with actual violence against an entire race of people.

Please excuse me if I don't give a :censored2: about your plight of not being allowed to use this word as an expression of your overt racism!
Has been.

As long as I do not use it in a direct threat against people, I am legally allowed to say it.
Without being threatened.

You are talking about things that HAVE happened, rather than something which IS happening.

vantexan

So ok to threaten his family too over a word?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Has been.

As long as I do not use it in a direct threat against people, I am legally allowed to say it.
Without being threatened.

You are talking about things that HAVE happened, rather than something which IS happening.

You honestly do not think that word is currently used in a threatening way every hour of every day in this country????

Lets try this: Please give us one example of the use of the word (without quoting someone else or quoting something writen) that is not racist or threatening.

vantexan

You honestly do not think that word is currently used in a threatening way every hour of every day in this country????

Lets try this: Please give us one example of the use of the word (without quoting someone else or quoting something writen) that is not racist or threatening.
So in a country of 325 million it's used 24 times a day? Wow, threatening.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I'm allowed to be racist. Night and day, if I choose.
I reject your premise that the word is a threat.

Give me one example where the word on its own constitutes a threat to someone's life.

Now, if I append to it, and say "N-Word, I'm going to kill you", that has become a direct threat. And is illegal.
But it is not the word that is a threat.
It is just offensive and vulgar. But still completely legal. :)