Friendly reminder

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Wait a minute, I'm calling BS now. How can you be feeder qualified but not allowed to drive a PC?
Exactly. The OP made it sound like he was working 1-2 days a week and sometimes not at all to even qualify for benefits.

I'm betting he isn't working feeders all the time and has to work split inside hub to make 8. That's a while different story. He's basically upset feeder guys with 20-35 years in haven't retired or given up so he can work feeders.

That's not union brotherhood. That's selfish entitlement because he wants his way now in the classification he desires to work in. Even though there is work for him to qualify for benefits and wages. It's just NOT the work he wants to do.

He needs to put in his time like everyone else. He sounds like that whiner who quit and got rehired and was mad he wasn't FT after two weeks.

Insaneasylum

You guys don't want to answer my question? I have answered yours. Would you pass on work for someone else? And when I bump into the hub I have to do it for the week at less pay. 2-3 days driving pays what 40 hrs does in the hub so yes I try to stay in feeders and not bump part timers out of there job.

You guys don't want to answer my question? I have answered yours. Would you pass on work for someone else? And when I bump into the hub I have to do it for the week at less pay. 2-3 days driving pays what 40 hrs does in the hub so yes I try to stay in feeders and not bump part timers out of there job.
So I should give up pay for you?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You prob did see it but I have bumped inside. So the same question to you. Would you pass on work for someone else? Given that you could.
But that's not what you're asking. You're mad that you aren't working feeders so you want higher senior guys to pass so you can work feeders. You made it sound like you were laid off with NO work every week. You weren't. You were still able to work inside hence still qualifying for benefits and receiving pay.

And now you come here saying how others should pass so you can work like its some high noble thing to do for you. You weren't laid off. You were just not working feeders every day.

And you call the higher senior guys entitled and selfish? Oh ok.

Johney

I'm just not getting how he is not working feeders for a week. We don't have guys standing around the feeder office looking for work. You're set on a run for the week and that's it. So if there is no work for you that week you bump back into package or shifting or something but you get paid.

Insaneasylum

Do you have too, no you don't, would you? When pensions like central states fail, should I give up pay to make sure retirees still receive there benefits? Or should I say screw em they don't work here anymore. Ups you don't need to make up the difference.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
So you're ok with bumping a PT out of the hub but you want feeder guys to go home so you can work? If you want to live by your hypocritical principles, maybe you should only work in feeders when available and not take the work inside at all?

Sound ridiculous? So does your question and logic.

Johney

Do you have too, no you don't, would you? When pensions like central states fail, should I give up pay to make sure retirees still receive there benefits? Or should I say screw em they don't work here anymore. Ups you don't need to make up the difference.
So what you're saying now is you'll piss on the retirees so you can make more money? I'm sure when you get to retirement time you'll not want anything there for you.

Insaneasylum

So you're ok with bumping a PT out of the hub but you want feeder guys to go home so you can work? If you want to live by your hypocritical principles, maybe you should only work in feeders when available and not take the work inside at all?

Sound ridiculous? So does your question and logic.

I said I try not too. So you refuse to answer my question then.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The smart ones plan for retirement as if a pension doesn't exist.

So do what you like mister high and mighty I'm going to hold your pension hostage in the future unless you give up your work so I can have it.

Go ahead. Most of us will still be financially fine.

Anything else you want to threaten the higher senior guys with?

I'd personally now would work every single day if it meant bumping YOU and your mentality out of the classification.

Insaneasylum

So what you're saying now is you'll piss on the retirees so you can make more money? I'm sure when you get to retirement time you'll not want anything there for you.

No I won't, but others will. Because after all, it seems like you pissed on the new guys first? With progression and ins.

Johney

I'll answer your question. NO I will not give up work so YOU can work. It wasn't done for me unless the driver wanted the day for his pleasure not my monetary gain. Lower senior people need to pay their dues just like I did and all the people before me did.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
So you go home and refuse work every day when it's not in feeders? I call BS. So you don't take the hub work because it'll bump maybe a pre senior employee out of work? I call BS.

Basically you want to work feeders every day even though you're on the bottom and if you can't, you want the top feeder guys to stop being selfish and let you work feeders every day? And you won't work inside to get your guarantee every time there is no feeder work? Does that sum it up?

Hi Mr entitlement.

Johney

That's the problem with you and the "I want it now" generation you never look far enough ahead. Sure give it to me now I'll worry about later when I get there. Then when you get there you'll moan there is nothing there for you.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'll answer your question. NO I will not give up work so YOU can work. It wasn't done for me unless the driver wanted the day for his pleasure not my monetary gain. Lower senior people need to pay their dues just like I did and all the people before me did.
That's the one huge issue with the new breed coming in. They don't want to pay dues or put in their time. WE ALL HAVE. We all went through progression, days without routes, work or anything.

But hey let's all take tomorrow off so the rookie can work. Because one day he might screw us on retirement? Get the :censored2: outta here with that BS.

The OP should put in his dues and respect the rights of the guys before him for that work just like he will get when he reaches top rate etc.

But I'm sure he will go home 3 days a week when he's the top feeder driver so the newer guys can work out of the goodness of his heart.