From Canada, the new kid on the block

StinkyWhizzleteats

Happy happy joy joy!
Hello, everyone. Just stumbled across this site about two weeks ago, and started reading some of the threads. Nice to be able to find a UPS site where fellow employees and such can talk about stuff.

I cometh from Canada, Calgary to be exact. I work Twilight at the Calgary Main Hub loading trailers for "fun" and for the job. Been working with Brown for about...almost six months now. Our hub is...interesting to say the least. If we aren't drowning in boxes, our belt is usually very fast and clean (except when we get four BC and six Winnipeg...then it turns into a bad day).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello, everyone. Just stumbled across this site about two weeks ago, and started reading some of the threads. Nice to be able to find a UPS site where fellow employees and such can talk about stuff.

I cometh from Canada, Calgary to be exact. I work Twilight at the Calgary Main Hub loading trailers for "fun" and for the job. Been working with Brown for about...almost six months now. Our hub is...interesting to say the least. If we aren't drowning in boxes, our belt is usually very fast and clean (except when we get four BC and six Winnipeg...then it turns into a bad day).
Welcome Whiz,
We have others from Canada on here as well.
DS is in Toronto or close anyway.
Another guy, VanBC, is from Vancouver.

StinkyWhizzleteats

Happy happy joy joy!
Welcome Whiz,
We have others from Canada on here as well.
DS is in Toronto or close anyway.
Another guy, VanBC, is from Vancouver.
Might wanna tell both of them to chill out on the volume for a bit. BC and Ontario are two of our worst trailers right now. We just can't get rid of the darn things.:dead:

DS

Fenderbender
Yo stinkywhiz,glad you found the bc,it can be informative and amusing and could save your life one day...We are often asked to go out there to help out for a week or two.Some guys do it for the party,I couldn't afford it though with $40 a day spending money,what about food?
Anyways its great to have another canuck aboard.

StinkyWhizzleteats

Happy happy joy joy!
Amen, DS. BC trailers are the ugliest trailers that get pulled into our bay, especially when you West Coast boys fill 'em full of Pottery Barn, Parnus and tires...heavy, 100 lb. tires.

Some days I wonder why we don't just send all that stuff up to Edmonton and let them deal with it.

CBUK

I have a Musical Canadian question for you.

Whats the mainstream music scene like in Canada. Is it governed mainly by the US?

The main import off the top of my head would be Celine Dion who I have a particular dislike for. The reasons for this are too many to mention.

My main reason for asking is that I have a CD by a band called Arlo. Its a few years old. Its called Stab the unstoppable hero and I really like it. It was mighty difficult to get hold of and I see it is on Amazon UK at some massive overinflated price now. I'm glad I got mine when I did. They have a new album out which I plan on buying.

Are they popular? How do they fair in the Canadian charts? In the U.K all chart music is awful factory produced pop muck and I have to go underground to find anything worth listening to. I blame Simon Cowell.

What do you consider to be Canadas finest musical artists.

Bare Naked Ladies

Daniel Powter

Celine Dion.

I can't think of any more!!!:wink2:

browndevil

I have a Musical Canadian question for you.

Whats the mainstream music scene like in Canada. Is it governed mainly by the US?

The main import off the top of my head would be Celine Dion who I have a particular dislike for. The reasons for this are too many to mention.

My main reason for asking is that I have a CD by a band called Arlo. Its a few years old. Its called Stab the unstoppable hero and I really like it. It was mighty difficult to get hold of and I see it is on Amazon UK at some massive overinflated price now. I'm glad I got mine when I did. They have a new album out which I plan on buying.

Are they popular? How do they fair in the Canadian charts? In the U.K all chart music is awful factory produced pop muck and I have to go underground to find anything worth listening to. I blame Simon Cowell.

What do you consider to be Canadas finest musical artists.

Bare Naked Ladies

Daniel Powter

Celine Dion.

I can't think of any more!!!:wink2:
Bare Naked Ladies for me. Wasn't one of the band members busted recently here in the states for cocaine?

BigBrownSanta

I can think of three bands from Canada that were pretty good, Triumph, Rush and Exciter. Unfortunately, they haven't put out any music in a while.:sad-little::sad-very:

Failure Boy

A SILVER MOUNT ZION from Montreal, Quebec, are pretty amazing too.
The only canadian band I can think of...

Welcome aboard, Stinky !

dude, welcome to the site.
i worked there in the calgary hub for a few weeks.. pretty crazy how they pack that place with trailers..
alil too cold there if you ask me, how you doing with -26C ;)
Toronto is about 6C. happy happy joy joy!! lol

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I'm not sure but I think Brian Adams is Canadian.

ever seen the southpark movie?

the prime minister, trying to avoid war (becaue of terrance and phillip)

interviewer - but isnt brian adams from canada?
fake PM - yes, we and we have apologized and taken responsibility for him on many occasions."

:)

welcome stinky! You are going to see more volume if our ecomony keeps going south. the canadian dollar is stronger than ever!

stringerman85

Go Calgary Flames! :happy-very: I'm from the states but look at my avatar