From Hub to Feeder Question

Local63Ontario

Been at UPS for over 6 months. When I initially joined the Teamsters in the late 90s, i was a yard hostler aka shifter. I got very good at driving, backing up (blindside also) 53 ft, 48 ft, 28 ft trailers and containers. Where i worked, each hostler needed to make over 70 moves a night. Now to my current question. I would love to become a feeder driver. Do i need to become a package driver first? Don't want to do package but will if that's a step. I'm in Ontario, California Locals 63. Thanks

542thruNthru

Been at UPS for over 6 months. When I initially joined the Teamsters in the late 90s, i was a yard hostler aka shifter. I got very good at driving, backing up (blindside also) 53 ft, 48 ft, 28 ft trailers and containers. Where i worked, each hostler needed to make over 70 moves a night. Now to my current question. I would love to become a feeder driver. Do i need to become a package driver first? Don't want to do package but will if that's a step. I'm in Ontario, California Locals 63. Thanks
Southwest Package Rider Sec 27.
Screenshot_20211004-155735_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I've heard some areas are waiving this because they need feeder driver's badly. I would call your local and ask.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We can put you in a sleeper when can you start

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Southwest Package Rider Sec 27.
View attachment 354723

I've heard some areas are waiving this because they need feeder driver's badly. I would call your local and ask.

I'm surprised they still require this. We have similar language in the Central.

"To qualify for attendance at the tractor-trailer school, the employee must have one (1) year UPS safe driving for the year preceding his/

her application to attend the school."

The company waived the requirement 1 time for Part-timers, and signed a letter of understanding

allowing 22.3 members to have the opportunity before "off-the-street" hires.

*In my Local*

542thruNthru

I'm surprised they still require this. We have similar language in the Central.

"To qualify for attendance at the tractor-trailer school, the employee must have one (1) year UPS safe driving for the year preceding his/

her application to attend the school."

The company waived the requirement 1 time for Part-timers, and signed a letter of understanding

allowing 22.3 members to have the opportunity before "off-the-street" hires.

*In my Local*
Still required in my local. It makes a lot of 22.3 mad. We have a 22.3 that has tried to qualify for package 5 times so that she could go Feeder. I think she finally gave up.

We have less than 100 feeder positions though. I'm sure if we had more they would probably waive it.