From Slavery to Scientific Management

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A few comrades and I had a discussion about this topic recently. Capitalism in it's modern definition is simply a narrow group of exploiters owning the means of production and riding the back of modern day wage slavery. Freedom is merely an illusion generated by the owners, through vices and distractions, an "education" indoctrination system and meaningless elections every few years...among other things.

Selfish individualism is one of the main reasons the divide and conquer strategy seems to work so well. People are isolated, sitting on their couches lapping up whatever garbage on the boob tube or media, having "got theirs" . No independent thoughts, in fact no thinking at all necessary ..it's been done for us.

Warm fuzzy feeling reading that article.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A few comrades and I had a discussion about this topic recently. Capitalism in it's modern definition is simply a narrow group of exploiters owning the means of production and riding the back of modern day wage slavery. Freedom is merely an illusion generated by the owners, through vices and distractions, an "education" indoctrination system and meaningless elections every few years...among other things.

Selfish individualism is one of the main reasons the divide and conquer strategy seems to work so well. People are isolated, sitting on their couches lapping up whatever garbage on the boob tube or media, having "got theirs" . No independent thoughts, in fact no thinking at all necessary ..it's been done for us.

Warm fuzzy feeling reading that article.

The freedom is the ability of an individual to operate within that system or outside of it.
One is free to earn money and get as "rich" as they want to.

I tend to agree that big corporations are a fixed game where education, gender, good looks, personality and ability to work within a system gives a huge advantage to a person.
Over half of my friends and people I associate with were/are self-employed and they work many hours and take lots of risks. Not all are wealthy.
People who are willing to work hard, be innovative and take risks appreciate the freedoms to engage their personal abilities to achieve financial goals.

My assumption, and excuse me if I ere, is that you and your friends all work for someone else.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The irony, the contradiction that is capitalism, you both are right.

I'm cool with that but I was not speaking directly about capitalism but rather the American founder's concept of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness which alludes to freedom to pursue one's own dreams including financial and property.

An entire book could be written (and probably has) on what is meant by Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.