FT > PT medical

Lake556

Before I went full time I was in an accident and a tow truck had to pull me out. (Probably should of stopped pursuing driving right there due to the high confusion and stress) Almost tossed the uhaul over a bridge. Three weeks later I went full time. I’ve been driving for 4 months and been laid off for two months after peak. I’m currently diagnosed with ADHD, dyslexia, severe anxiety and depression. I’m trying to make it back to part time because full time driving isn’t for me. The confusion that comes with driving is making it unsafe for me and everyone around me. I can’t even remember which way I pulled to get into a driveway. I GPS everystop because I have issues focusing on reading maps. I’ve blown through multiple stop signs and not realizing it. What steps do I need to take to be switched back. 10 years with the company.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Before I went full time I was in an accident and a tow truck had to pull me out. (Probably should of stopped pursuing driving right there due to the high confusion and stress) Almost tossed the uhaul over a bridge. Three weeks later I went full time. I’ve been driving for 4 months and been laid off for two months after peak. I’m currently diagnosed with ADHD, dyslexia, severe anxiety and depression. I’m trying to make it back to part time because full time driving isn’t for me. The confusion that comes with driving is making it unsafe for me and everyone around me. I can’t even remember which way I pulled to get into a driveway. I GPS everystop because I have issues focusing on reading maps. I’ve blown through multiple stop signs and not realizing it. What steps do I need to take to be switched back. 10 years with the company.
Grow up and pay attention to wtf you're doing.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You need to have a talk to your BA. I’ve seen exactly two guys in thirteen years pull this off. There are certain medical exemptions that you can use. They have to be something that would prevent you from driving, but not working safely, inside. Tread very lightly and do some research.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Have a doctor pull your DOT card. Sounds to me like you have no business driving a personal vehicle at this time either.

Pulling your card won't get you to part-time but it will get you off the road.

Good luck!

Heavy Package

Don't be a dick to the guy

Go away! You quit UPS and still troll this forum. My bet is you're a loser living in mommy's basement. Go get a job at Gold's Gym so you can feel like a man.

To the Op: You can't handle this job as a delivery driver. If you are doing these unsafe things without recalling them until afterward, get with your BA ASAP and come up with a plan to DQ yourself and try and go back into the hub. And for friend* sake, use the insurance to get help with your issues.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Part time Air driving is still hectic in the AM and you are still required to be fast, area knowledge and a safe driver. You’ll find out when your airport shuttle driver gets back late, around 7:15am and the sup hands you a ton of 8am commits.

PT Air Driving is all commit times, it’s one of the most expensive jobs to mess up.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

And UPS qualified you to drive ??

Sounds more like a case of buyers remorse.

-Bug-