FUBAR, The New FedEx

fessup

I think it is pretty futile for express and ground to be sniping at each other - don't we know who the really enemy is?

I get on great with my ground counterparts.

I don't pick up ground pkgs except at a resi or dbx. If a shipper is bothered I won't take their ground pkgs then it is Fred's business model that is at fault.

bbsam

Staff member
I think it is pretty futile for express and ground to be sniping at each other - don't we know who the really enemy is?

I get on great with my ground counterparts.

I don't pick up ground pkgs except at a resi or dbx. If a shipper is bothered I won't take their ground pkgs then it is Fred's business model that is at fault.
all true...but sniping is fun!:)

PT Car Washer

Just had a FedEx ground delivery this morning 8:45 AM. I bet the UPS preload is still unloading trailers and trying to find a place to stack everything that will not fit on the cars.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yeah. The same business model that Fred & co. have had 14 years to fix.

cancan

I kind of understand Dano. I think the reality hits at different levels. The topped out couriers with rural routes seem to be the last to feel it. Why should they care about the other people who are getting :censored2: on? Their life is good. So what if I lose a little of my benefits every year? Life is good for me and retirement is just around the corner. I see it everyday. The purple blooded gray haired rural route drivers who don't think their time is coming. There are only a few things left to take. Vacation time, eventual phase out of the pension, your 401k match. The plan is for it to happen so slowly that old Dano will be long gone. Its selfish and thick but I get it.

5yearsleft

I get along great with my Ground counterpoint. He is not my enemy. When a customer wants me to take a ground package, I call the ground guy & he takes care of it. We're just 2 people each trying to make a living.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I get along great with my Ground counterpoint. He is not my enemy. When a customer wants me to take a ground package, I call the ground guy & he takes care of it. We're just 2 people each trying to make a living.

MT3 would be very proud of you, because "Ground is Good!!". The Ground person absolutely is your enemy, and you should do nothing to assist their operation. Not the individual, but the corporate entity that is undermining your job by cheapening what you do down to Ground's level in the eyes of our idiotic management. Every time you assist Ground, you're hammering a nail into your own coffin. Think about it.

bbsam

Staff member
MT3 would be very proud of you, because "Ground is Good!!". The Ground person absolutely is your enemy, and you should do nothing to assist their operation. Not the individual, but the corporate entity that is undermining your job by cheapening what you do down to Ground's level in the eyes of our idiotic management. Every time you assist Ground, you're hammering a nail into your own coffin. Think about it.
"person", "individual"...you're becoming almost civil in your discussion of Ground. I doubt it will last but it is a nice change.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"person", "individual"...you're becoming almost civil in your discussion of Ground. I doubt it will last but it is a nice change.

I'm no fan of Ground drivers, but I fully realize they are victims of a scam, not the perpetrators.