Fuel Spills

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
this is now a monthly occurrence it seems in my building. driver forgets to cap after fueling and spills gallons of diesel fuel in a trail as he leaves pumps and enters building and parks. my shift and job coincides with returning drivers everyday so i am witness to it all the time. i was wondering what good ideas can be implemented to combat this. other than signs at the pumps and maybe stickers by the fuel cap on the side of the truck? i was wondering the cost and effectiveness of installing self sealing fuel caps on the whole fleet

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
this is now a monthly occurrence it seems in my building. driver forgets to cap after fueling and spills gallons of diesel fuel in a trail as he leaves pumps and enters building and parks. my shift and job coincides with returning drivers everyday so i am witness to it all the time. i was wondering what good ideas can be implemented to combat this. other than signs at the pumps and maybe stickers by the fuel cap on the side of the truck? i was wondering the cost and effectiveness of installing self sealing fuel caps on the whole fleet
Jersey?

Johney

How about doing a proper pretrip or postrip? Pretty sure checking the fuel cap is in there somewhere.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Tons of fun. You have to act fast when that happens or it's literally everywhere inside the building. Diesel on smooth concrete makes for a stinky skating rink.

WTFm8

Or how about the driver not fueling his own car and let the people who fill the cars and park them do their jobs?

Drivers fill their own... company card with truck # in almost every truck... till they get lost and twice a year we hand them in to be ‘inventoried’ and missing ones canceled/replaced.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
drivers get gas? not so sure about that , every time I’m in a new truck it’s always on E cause the runners cant take 3 min to fuel up ..

WTFm8

I hardly think it’s “gallons of fuel”.

Liquid on concrete looks like far more than it is.

Just sayin’.

... nah, gallons. I did it once. Lost 20% of fuel in 5 miles. Fuel on right side plus left hand turns, it comes out QUICK. Bottom 3’ of side of truck was coated. Nobody passed me on the highway.

turq

... nah, gallons. I did it once. Lost 20% of fuel in 5 miles. Fuel on right side plus left hand turns, it comes out QUICK. Bottom 3’ of side of truck was coated. Nobody passed me on the highway.

The original post said from the pumps to inside the building

driver forgets to cap after fueling and spills gallons of diesel fuel in a trail as he leaves pumps and enters building and parks.

More like a cup than gallons....unless he 's some sort of maniac stunt driver, who spins donuts and does 50mph on the way to park.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I hardly think it’s “gallons of fuel”.
8 to 12 inch solid streak of fuel for a few hundred yards. takes the dmp guy a few hours and multiple bags of speedy dry. take two or three one gallon milk jugs full of diesel and see how far ya get spilling it out

35years

Gravy route
These spills cost time and are hazardous...

Possible solution?

Diad prompt when entering #of gallons...

Did you replace fuel cap? Y OR N