Full-time bump back to part-time.

recently a route I bid on was sent to another center before peak. I followed the route. The routes now will be staying in Charlotte, I was faced with the options of staying at the new center with the route, or going back to my old center and facing being bumped back to part time with part time hours and pay because of the abundance of drivers. Can they do this? I am a full time coverage driver. I only bidded this route because no one else would. Thanks in advance.

By The Book

recently a route I bid on was sent to another center before peak. I followed the route. The routes now will be staying in Charlotte, I was faced with the options of staying at the new center with the route, or going back to my old center and facing being bumped back to part time with part time hours and pay because of the abundance of drivers. Can they do this? I am a full time coverage driver. I only bidded this route because no one else would. Thanks in advance.
If you can, follow the route and call your business agent and see what can be done. These two centers must be close enough to deliver the same streets from both centers?

If you can, follow the route and call your business agent and see what can be done. These two centers must be close enough to deliver the same streets from both centers?
I'm out of Gastonia, went to a new center out of Charlotte, lake Norman village. The routes that are staying in Charlotte routes, are Denver routes which are 30 mins from either center. I just didn't think they could bump me back to 3 1/2 hour guaranteed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our full time are guaranteed eight hours pay, even if have to do 2 part time shifts.

jaker

trolling
They gave you the option to follow and you don't want to

So going back to PT might be realty since you don't have enough seniority at the hub you want

You do better to follow the route and dove tail in at the new place

km3

Our full time are guaranteed eight hours pay, even if have to do 2 part time shifts.

It was my impression that it was that way everywhere because of company policy or something.

Here, if you're full time, you're full time. Entitled to 8 hours even if you gotta load or unload for 8 hours.

AlliSeeisBrown

I'm out of Gastonia, went to a new center out of Charlotte, lake Norman village. The routes that are staying in Charlotte routes, are Denver routes which are 30 mins from either center. I just didn't think they could bump me back to 3 1/2 hour guaranteed.

Honestly, follow the route. The new Oneida center is right next to the Charlotte hub. Lots of opportunity. Just recently they confirmed that new center as perm and they will be cutting 15 more routes from Derita and giving them to LNV. Ive been in there and it's nice. By nice I mean they built it with growth in mind. Nowhere near max capacity lol. Coming from Gastonia in the morning traffic won't be bad. 85N straight shot.

By The Book

I'm almost thinking that UPS will now rebid this route at the LNV site. This may mean that unless you are allowed to follow it that it you won't be allowed to bid on it. If you're really not going to follow it, and you want to work part time then go back to your original location.

barnyard

KTM rider
Only follow it if you want to stay at the new building. Once all the routes are at the building, they will all be relooped so they flow better out of that building. Everything will be rebid once that happens. You may have enough seniority to bid and hold something, but not enough to keep your current route. So be prepared for that if you follow.

If you stay in your current building, read your contract. You may be able to demand 8 hours in the building. If there are a lot of high seniority people that do not follow routes, be prepared to work an 8 hour guarantee for a long time.