Full-time wage progression inside/inside 22.3

SmNbnOvr

Caraca
“Part-time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth above who bid into a full-time inside job created after July 31, 1997 shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage increases. Other employees who bid into a full-time inside job created after July 31, 1997 will be paid their current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate.”
Question>> I had to wait 14 years to get offered a full-time position and being told I have wait 4 more years locked into my current part-time rate with no wage increases. Reading the contract statement above doesn’t explain anything as to which category I fall into. “Other employees”?? Have been told by my BA that the general wage increases don’t apply to me but not why or where in the contract this is explained. Having a hard time believing that my union agreed to this 4 year freeze and need clarification. Thanks

Observer

I also read Article 41 in the National agreement-I am in the central region. I don't understand it either. Can anyone clarify if we are still subjected to the four year progression rule?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your pay rate is red-circled until the progression rate catches up to your PT inside rate; in your case, your rate is probably around $20/hr or so, just a rough estimate, so the progression raises and rate will still be less than your red-circled rate.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
“Part-time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth above who bid into a full-time inside job created after July 31, 1997 shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage increases. Other employees who bid into a full-time inside job created after July 31, 1997 will be paid their current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate.”
Question>> I had to wait 14 years to get offered a full-time position and being told I have wait 4 more years locked into my current part-time rate with no wage increases. Reading the contract statement above doesn’t explain anything as to which category I fall into. “Other employees”?? Have been told by my BA that the general wage increases don’t apply to me but not why or where in the contract this is explained. Having a hard time believing that my union agreed to this 4 year freeze and need clarification. Thanks
what job did you take

SmNbnOvr

Caraca
Your pay rate is red-circled until the progression rate catches up to your PT inside rate; in your case, your rate is probably around $20/hr or so, just a rough estimate, so the progression raises and rate will still be less than your red-circled rate.
The raises in the contract, in the first half of the paragraph, describe them as “general” wage increases. Not progression raises. The same raises that every union member gets as stated, per year, in the contract. This is what is confusing. Along with the “other employees” part. Why am I one of these other employees? Where does it explain this?

SmNbnOvr

Caraca
At least you got your foot in the door.
Yeah. 14 years later. Right after winning my full-time bid there were suddenly at least a dozen more offered. Guys with 9-10 years started making full-time. They will hit top pay after 13-14 years with the company/union while be waiting 18. Truly happy for these lucky guys but there is something very not right with it.