"Fun fact of the day"

TG43

Is everyone else getting the new "fun fact of the day" in there PCM? I guess it's a way to lighten things up for 10 seconds...just before they tell us we back way too much and over allowed is out of control, etc. The fun fact yesterday was something like when you bump your head you, burn 5 calories.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Is everyone else getting the new "fun fact of the day" in there PCM? I guess it's a way to lighten things up for 10 seconds...just before they tell us we back way too much and over allowed is out of control, etc.
After stretching we are supposed to have an "Attention Getter" to bring the attention back to us. Some guys do different things. Fun facts seems to be the way everybody is going though.

Everybody hates it and I feel stupid saying them. But they tell me I have to have them, so I have them. I at least try to find stuff people will enjoy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
After stretching we are supposed to have an "Attention Getter" to bring the attention back to us. Some guys do different things. Fun facts seems to be the way everybody is going though.

Everybody hates it and I feel stupid saying them. But they tell me I have to have them, so I have them. I at least try to find stuff people will enjoy.
Read the uhaul trucks on the way to work?

hyena

I tried funny pick up lines but my FT put a swift end to that one.
image.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have been getting these "fun facts" and one day when he said something about 'the thigh bone is x times stronger than any other bone in the body', a driver chirped up and said, "femur" and the center manager says, 'no, the thigh bone'. Yes, our center manager is an idiot.

BrownArmy

Ours start out with, 'Did you know?'

'Did you know' that a cumulus cloud weighs as much as 100 elephants?

On and on and on.

Repeat, etc., ad nauseam.

Yawn.

BostonBo

My sup said that slowly but surely sups and managers are going into this weeklong training. The goal is to get them to treat us like humans, and to get rid of the "gotcha" factor at UPS. For instance, tell us before they come out for on area observations.