Fun month Febuary

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
LWOP doesn't exist at my station. Never has.

It existed here for a good while and there were 2 or 3 couriers who volunteered for it every week. Now there are issues with overstaffing and LWOP's are never offered. If you want one and fill out a day off request, you'll usually get it but the practice of asking for volunteers has ceased.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It existed here for a good while and there were 2 or 3 couriers who volunteered for it every week. Now there are issues with overstaffing and LWOP's are never offered. If you want one and fill out a day off request, you'll usually get it but the practice of asking for volunteers has ceased.
Not so easy to get a day off in my station. We are allowed 15 FT couriers per day in a station of over 200 people.

Slick silver

It's sucks sometimes right now when you go in for maybe 3 hrs since I'm a swing. Even though I get the minimum, it would be nice to just take a random Monday or Tuesday, I have a side business now and sometimes it's hard to accomplish things for it and need a full day to get all the sales I did out.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Because it is scheduled day off, if you work on your normal day off it's 1.5x
In a perfect world, maybe, but at Fedex Express, Sunday is the first day of the week and is paid straight time. You won't get paid overtime until you work your sixth day of the week. If you don't believe me, experience it for yourself the hard way like I did.

SmithBarney

In a perfect world, maybe, but at Fedex Express, Sunday is the first day of the week and is paid straight time. You won't get paid overtime until you work your sixth day of the week. If you don't believe me, experience it for yourself the hard way like I did.

Then someone is messing with your time card, just like if you are:
tu-sat if you come in for 8hrs on monday it is OT
or if you are a 4x10 with wednesday off, and work wed, wed is OT
You get the picture.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Then someone is messing with your time card, just like if you are:
tu-sat if you come in for 8hrs on monday it is OT
or if you are a 4x10 with wednesday off, and work wed, wed is OT
You get the picture.
Worked a Sunday of a week that I had a personal day scheduled off. It was all straight time except over 8. Screw me once, because it ain't gonna happen twice!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes a personal day apparently negates OT... stupid rule.
but a Floater wouldn't have negated that OT...
You missed the point. The personal was my SIXTH day. The other 5 days, including Sunday, were paid as straight time. I only got OT for over 8. Was told Sunday was the first day of the workweek, therefore straight time. Like I said, last time that would ever happen.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You missed the point. The personal was my SIXTH day. The other 5 days, including Sunday, were paid as straight time. I only got OT for over 8. Was told Sunday was the first day of the workweek, therefore straight time. Like I said, last time that would ever happen.
It doesn't matter. You had a personal day. All six days will be straight time with over 8 OT.

59 Dano

For the purposes of OT calculation for work performed on a scheduled day off, a personal day counts the same as an LWOP day. No different than a swing working a Tues-Sat schedule when he normally works Mon-Fri. He ain't getting OT for that Sat.

SmithBarney

I didn't miss the point, and I think it's been covered, but whenever you take a personal, you hose yourself for OT(on worked days off) during that week.. Now if you used a Floater, you would have made the OT, incredibly ridiculous, but for whatever reason that's the way they do it.

59 Dano

Now if you used a Floater, you would have made the OT, incredibly ridiculous, but for whatever reason that's the way they do it.

It's done that way because personals can be used to cover emergencies. It's not used in OT calculation because --and you may find this as hard to believe as I do!-- some employees would abuse it. For example, a M-friend employee signs up for a Saturday, then calls in with an "emergency" (WINK WINK) on the Monday of that same week. So he'd end up with at 3 day weekend, a paid Monday off, and an OT Saturday at the end of the week.

Hard to believe anyone would do such a thing, ain't it?