Fur Calls

705 cach

I have been in Feeder 4 a while. Is there still call tags 4 fur coat pickup and del ? Not enough tape to close box. 2 furs in 1 box . All that good stuff ??:dissapointed:

SimpleUPSer

I've only been around for 19 years, so have no idea what a "fur box" is.

Are the foil boxes that the pizza guys have the next generation :happy2:

ikoi62

lots of people wear fur,and yes there are still fur call tags with box's.we get 20 to 30 of them in our center each year. they treat them like hi-value packages.

rod

Retired 22 years
For those still trying to figure out what a" fur call" is it is a service some fur shops offer. They send out a call tag in the spring to have your fur coat or stole picked up fo cleaning and summer storage. Then in the fall it is returned to you. You can usually count on someone who thinks they are better than you to answer the door.

Big Babooba

For those still trying to figure out what a" fur call" is it is a service some fur shops offer. They send out a call tag in the spring to have your fur coat or stole picked up fo cleaning and summer storage. Then in the fall it is returned to you. You can usually count on someone who thinks they are better than you to answer the door.

Remember, a lot of our drivers have never used a clipboard, never mind doing a fur call. I haven't seen a fur call in 20 years, and I'm glad.

HazMatMan

Ah yes, the fur box. Goes to the customer empty and it gets filled with a fur and goes to storage I presume. Love when the idiot sup brings it to my hazmat cage and tell me it is a fallout..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had a Fur Call a couple of years ago. The fur coat is picked up and put in a cooled storage place during the summer. We had one driver that Dred one in the rain and was asked to pay for it. This same guy once left his DIAD on the rear bumper and ran over it himself when he backed up to a dock. A long time ago, we had a Merchandise Exchange Service too. This was back when everyone got their home phones from the telephone company. If the phone quit working, we would deliver a new one and put the old one back in the box and return it. That service didn't seem to last very long.

brown bomber

brown bomber
also, we used to have "stratified charge" engines in the pkg. cars...and "rural" remote deliveries in urban and suburban areas....I wonder what the next brilliant idea will be

over9five

Staff member
I estimate 8 years since I've done a fur call. I always made the woman fold it up and put it in the box. (Fur side in, the directions said!)

I remember once opening the box, and there was a fur belt inside the stupid fur storage place didn't remove the last time they used the box.

bad company

semi-pro
I had a Fur Call a couple of years ago. The fur coat is picked up and put in a cooled storage place during the summer. We had one driver that Dred one in the rain and was asked to pay for it. This same guy once left his DIAD on the rear bumper and ran over it himself when he backed up to a dock. A long time ago, we had a Merchandise Exchange Service too. This was back when everyone got their home phones from the telephone company. If the phone quit working, we would deliver a new one and put the old one back in the box and return it. That service didn't seem to last very long.

Who in the world needs a Fur coat in Georgia? Especially in "Hotlanta" :devil3:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Who in the world needs a Fur coat in Georgia? Especially in "Hotlanta" :devil3:

Somebody with way too much money. This particular woman's husband is in the pine straw business. He has made millions by selling bales of pine straw like those trailers you see at Home Depot or Lowes. We used to rake it up and burn it when I was a kid, this guy figured out that he could get people to actually buy the stuff.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
those things sucked the old ladies thought we worked for the storage company and would remind us to clean it or repair a button or two. got alot of them rte was in expensive neighbor hood outside of boston. always delivered the in the fall with an aod tag too!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I got real good at popping the old phone off the wall and hooking up the new one. It was much easier than trying to explain how to do it or telling them to call the phone company to hook it up. There were days I would install a dozen phones