Future Speculation

bacha29

Yup. Worship whatever God you want. Call your God whatever you want even in anger. Worship on whatever day you want. Portray your God however you want.

5-10 are the best for Society. In MY opinion.
That's fine as long as you do not attempt to forcibly impose your religious views on others. Efforts to do so is why civilizations have spent the past 8000 years destroying each other of the question of who's God is the true God and who loves him more.

vantexan

That's fine as long as you do not attempt to forcibly impose your religious views on others. Efforts to do so is why civilizations have spent the past 8000 years destroying each other of the question of who's God is the true God and who loves him more.
Been my experience that those who hate Christianity aren't satisfied with just disagreeing with it. They can't stand the idea of others trying to live by their beliefs, and continuously attack them. They want to remove every fraction of Christian symbolism from public view. They actively support other religions that are opposed to Christianity such as Islam. The only thing that keeps them from doing more to destroy Christianity is our Constitution. But if they could they would.

Meat

Been my experience that those who hate Christianity aren't satisfied with just disagreeing with it. They can't stand the idea of others trying to live by their beliefs, and continuously attack them. They want to remove every fraction of Christian symbolism from public view. They actively support other religions that are opposed to Christianity such as Islam. The only thing that keeps them from doing more to destroy Christianity is our Constitution. But if they could they would.

Oh, here we go again; even the most widespread and accepted religion on the face of the planet is a victim in your worldview - it must be so exasperating. Tell me, how many people have you come across in your lifetime that fit into that description? I'm fairly well traveled, and I've never met ONE. Are you sure you're not watching too many reruns of the "War on Christmas" episodes of the O'Reilly Factor?

bbsam

Staff member
Why are you clinging to the hope it's true so that Trump can be impeached? It was a fantasy to begin with.
I'm not. In fact you've never even seen me hint at such a thing. I'm genuinely concerned that there is a Russian connection that has nothing to do with the election but may very well put the president in a position where he will not put America first.

Besides why would I want impeachment? It doesn't change the political makeup in Washington. In fact, I'm surprised republicans aren't more interested in it. Trump is tearing them apart more than anything democrats could ever hope to do.

bacha29

Just keep one thing in mind. Christianity will always have blood on it's hands in the form of The Crusades and the Knights Templar. Unfortunately far too many of today's self proclaimed Christians are so historically challenged that if you were to mention The Crusades and the Knights to them they wouldn't have a solitary clue about what you're talking about. The same would hold true with their total lack of knowledge when it comes to the history surrounding the publishing of the King James bible.

bbsam

Staff member
"Destroy Christianity"? C'mon van. That's ridiculous. As a Christian myself, I can tell you nobody has ever done a thing to prevent my worship or expression of faith.

But tell me; as a Christian ami supposed to be offended if someone says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? Or if my kids have to come to church with me and my wife for religious instruction? If the town square doesn't have a nativity scene, will the earth open up and suck the Christians and nonbelievers all into the bowels of hell?

All kidding aside, any religious persecution going on in this country is being pushed by the fundamentalist christians and they really need to stop.

bbsam

Staff member
Just keep one thing in mind. Christianity will always have blood on it's hands in the form of The Crusades and the Knights Templar. Unfortunately far too many of today's self proclaimed Christians are so historically challenged that if you were to mention The Crusades and the Knights to them they wouldn't have a solitary clue about what you're talking about. The same would hold true with their total lack of knowledge when it comes to the history surrounding the publishing of the King James bible.
Bacha stop being as silly as van.

Serf

The problem with the Christian bible is that you can take any passage you want from it and use it to support whatever point of view you want it to support . Likewise you can make millions using that point of view . All you need is a preachers license a pulpit and a bunch of dumb and impressionable people who will gladly pay good money in exchange for the opportunity to be convinced that your point of view is biblical fact.
Joel Osteen

vantexan

"Destroy Christianity"? C'mon van. That's ridiculous. As a Christian myself, I can tell you nobody has ever done a thing to prevent my worship or expression of faith.

But tell me; as a Christian ami supposed to be offended if someone says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? Or if my kids have to come to church with me and my wife for religious instruction? If the town square doesn't have a nativity scene, will the earth open up and suck the Christians and nonbelievers all into the bowels of hell?

All kidding aside, any religious persecution going on in this country is being pushed by the fundamentalist christians and they really need to stop.
Show me the religious persecution of others by fundamentalists? You're even justifying the removal of religious symbols.

vantexan

The Crusades were a reaction to Muslims conquering what was considered Christian holy land. I do have a clue about such things. Remember Constantinople? Capital of the Eastern Roman Empire and seat of Orthodox Christianity? It's known as Istanbul, Turkey today. Ask the people's of Eastern Europe and the Balkans how they were done by the Ottoman Turks for centuries. The entire history of Islam is one of conquest, subjugation, and domination. And no I'm not worried about Muslims who live in peace, only that element that truly believes in the commands of the Koran and is trying to enforce them. Blood on our hands? You need to read some history books.

vantexan

I'm not. In fact you've never even seen me hint at such a thing. I'm genuinely concerned that there is a Russian connection that has nothing to do with the election but may very well put the president in a position where he will not put America first.

Besides why would I want impeachment? It doesn't change the political makeup in Washington. In fact, I'm surprised republicans aren't more interested in it. Trump is tearing them apart more than anything democrats could ever hope to do.
I look at Google News every day. Google doesn't write stories, it just posts articles from numerous sources, primarily liberal. The New York Times, the Washington Post, the Huffington Post, Politico, Salon, and even on occasion FOX News, the Wall Street Journal, the National Review. For months most articles were about the Trump-Russia connection. Probably 3/4ths posted were about it, ranging from thoughtful discussion to outright lies that were retracted. A lot of vicious smearing. And now? Hardly anything is mentioned. They still talk plenty about Trump, and he gives them ammo. But Russia? The only people I'm seeing still clinging to that narrative are those who desperately want it to be so. The MSM has moved on. You say you are a Christian. Then certainly you know that bearing false witness is a sin? That gossip is condemned? Trump is about as unsympathetic a character that has ever graced politics. But condemn him for what he says and does, not what others have conjured up in hopes of getting him removed.

vantexan

Oh, here we go again; even the most widespread and accepted religion on the face of the planet is a victim in your worldview - it must be so exasperating. Tell me, how many people have you come across in your lifetime that fit into that description? I'm fairly well traveled, and I've never met ONE. Are you sure you're not watching too many reruns of the "War on Christmas" episodes of the O'Reilly Factor?
In many countries they don't allow what is actively going on in this country. People like you are actively seeking to destroy Christianity in any way possible in the U.S., using the law to do so. Your favorite President and his administration was actively going after religious groups, trying to force them to fund birth control, for example. No it's not round them all up and execute them. It's drip, drip, drip, changing the culture, painting Christians as evil.

Meat

In many countries they don't allow what is actively going on in this country. People like you are actively seeking to destroy Christianity in any way possible in the U.S., using the law to do so. Your favorite President and his administration was actively going after religious groups, trying to force them to fund birth control, for example. No it's not round them all up and execute them. It's drip, drip, drip, changing the culture, painting Christians as evil.

You need help.

dmac1

Anyone who believes in magic past about 4 years old is dumb, and a lot of them ARE evil. You seem to have some sort of persecution complex. No one was or is going after Christians. But we must not let Christians control the country. If you believe that the government should allow public funding of Christian schools, you must believe that the public should also fund mosque-operated schools. If you want 'christian' values taught, you must accept muslim, or Hindu, etc. I want zero public funding for ANY religious organization, or display, or promotion, including in the military. Taxpayers should not be paying for chaplains

MassWineGuy

This person clearly needs help and conefinement.

bbsam

Staff member
I look at Google News every day. Google doesn't write stories, it just posts articles from numerous sources, primarily liberal. The New York Times, the Washington Post, the Huffington Post, Politico, Salon, and even on occasion FOX News, the Wall Street Journal, the National Review. For months most articles were about the Trump-Russia connection. Probably 3/4ths posted were about it, ranging from thoughtful discussion to outright lies that were retracted. A lot of vicious smearing. And now? Hardly anything is mentioned. They still talk plenty about Trump, and he gives them ammo. But Russia? The only people I'm seeing still clinging to that narrative are those who desperately want it to be so. The MSM has moved on. You say you are a Christian. Then certainly you know that bearing false witness is a sin? That gossip is condemned? Trump is about as unsympathetic a character that has ever graced politics. But condemn him for what he says and does, not what others have conjured up in hopes of getting him removed.
I don't condemn him. I'm waiting to see what the Russian connection is all about. There's enough there to warrant investigation and little to suggest exoneration is in order at this point. You aren't saying that he shouldn't be investigated, are you?

vantexan

Anyone who believes in magic past about 4 years old is dumb, and a lot of them ARE evil. You seem to have some sort of persecution complex. No one was or is going after Christians. But we must not let Christians control the country. If you believe that the government should allow public funding of Christian schools, you must believe that the public should also fund mosque-operated schools. If you want 'christian' values taught, you must accept muslim, or Hindu, etc. I want zero public funding for ANY religious organization, or display, or promotion, including in the military. Taxpayers should not be paying for chaplains
I'm not advocating for any of that. But if you believe no one is going after Christianity you're rather naive. The ACLU and atheist groups have been attacking Christianity for decades. If Christians choose to pray openly after sporting events they should be allowed to. If they want to put up a nativity scene during what is after all a Christian holiday they should be able to. If their faith precludes them from funding certain kinds of birth control because they believe it's actually a type of abortion, which they're against, the weight of the Federal gov't shouldn't be put upon them. Same goes for gay weddings. Gays can find plenty of businesses willing to participate without having to try to drive someone out of business who isn't willing. And on it goes.