Future Speculation

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
By 2040, maybe even 2030, there won't be any human drivers, loaders, sorters. Robotics and AI are advancing far faster than most people realize. There are so many ways around the need for drivers when all the 'personnel' at delivery locations are robotic as well. For any situation you could hypothesize that might require a human, a workaround with AI could be figured. If nothing else, in particular situations, a 'remote' operator could operate the robot and communicate via a screen to solve any problem.

Robots will be so cheap that hiring people to do anything 'manual' would be a violation of a corporations duty to the stockholders to maximize ROI, unless laws are changed to protect jobs.
The question in my mind is, when robotics and AI replace the human wage earning worker, WHO is going to purchase the goods and services from the industries that eliminated those jobs in the name of profit? Henry Ford's example showed that the working class with expendable income is what created the demand, not the elitist rich. A shrinking market will collapse.

Serf

The question in my mind is, when robotics and AI replace the human wage earning worker, WHO is going to purchase the goods and services from the industries that eliminated those jobs in the name of profit? Henry Ford's example showed that the working class with expendable income is what created the demand, not the elitist rich. A shrinking market will collapse.
When Mark Zuckerberg becomes President or VP, he will push the universal income and open borders to mass immigration unlike the world has ever seen before. The Gov universal income free loot scheme will establish a massive underclass of dependent consumers. On a scale so much friggin larger than EBT users at Mcdonalds and Walmart. You won't have to work. Just exist in a utopia as your gracelessly expire.

bbsam

Staff member
Noooo!! Don't give up the fight! Lol.
Oh no. It's well documented how trump treated employees and contractors and we well known before the election. People want it? They'll get it. I don't like the election results but I'm not adverse to taking full advantage of them.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Oh no. It's well documented how trump treated employees and contractors and we well known before the election. People want it? They'll get it. I don't like the election results but I'm not adverse to taking full advantage of them.

And you wonder why UPS wins civic minded awards and not Fedex ground

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You do realize that the majority of voters who voted for Trump voted with resignation rather than enthusiasm, don't you?