FXG: Driver Release to Businesses !?!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ummm, this can't be real...

We got the authorization to release ALL business stops, open/closed with no repercussions if it'll grow legs and walk into a theif's vehicle.

Is it just my local area or are other states doing that as well?

AB831

We got the authorization to release ALL business stops, open/closed with no repercussions if it'll grow legs and walk into a theif's vehicle.

Christmas came early all around this year, didn't it?

bacha29

And it's a holiday weekend. What are the chances of it still being there come Tuesday?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Shrugs. I was not releasing business stops earlier, but apparently this was in effect for the whole month of May

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Some Ground drivers I know have been doing that for years. But they go the extra mile by signing the customer’s name for them.

DriverNerd

So you're working for Amazon now?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I give the UPSers a hard time for DRing Surepost in front of a closed commercial stop. I would go ape :censored2: if I owned a business and the UPS or Ground drivers thought it would be OK to just leave my stuff outside my locked front door on a Friday night knowing that I would not be back until Monday morning.

Est.1998

I give the UPSers a hard time for DRing Surepost in front of a closed commercial stop. I would go ape :censored2: if I owned a business and the UPS or Ground drivers thought it would be OK to just leave my stuff outside my locked front door on a Friday night knowing that I would not be back until Monday morning.
Surepost instructs it's drivers to driver release at businesses. What did you do with the pkgs when you were on the team?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Surepost instructs it's drivers to driver release at businesses. What did you do with the pkgs when you were on the team?

Indirect when possible; of course, I was always done with my deliveries before they closed so it was never an issue.

I would NEVER leave any package outside of a closed business, whether overnight or over the weekend.

!Retired!

If you're going to do that, cover your ass and get it in writing. If they won't give you anything in writing, somethings not right. It won't be their head on the chopping block if something goes missing.