G-20

klein

Für Meno :)
Watched the news, officially 35 were arrested as an hour ago. But, thats only the numbers in jail sofar. It's more then double that.
I do assume some of those are americans, that crossed the border to demostrate and cause unrest.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, when there was all that ruckus up there when Sarah Palin came to speak, I believe it was all Canadians demonstrating against her, so don't say Canadians don't do that kind of thing.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ontario's provincial government quietly passed a regulation earlier this month allowing police to arrest anyone who refuses to show identification or submit to searches if they come within five meters (five yards) of the security fence.

WOW, did they steal that idea from AZ ?

klein

You know, I watched part of the demostration parade live, before the USA-Ghana game. Guess who else was there, Greenpeace.
You think good old greenpeace would be on the Gulfshores, but they never volunteer for the "dirty" work.

DS

Fenderbender
I'm disgusted that this could happen here,in LA ok in Montreal ok but here? I'm ashamed to have grown up here.
I hope the fishheads that did this pay a huge price for their day of fun.

klein

I'm disgusted that this could happen here,in LA ok in Montreal ok but here? I'm ashamed to have grown up here.
I hope the fishheads that did this pay a huge price for their day of fun.

I know makes me sick, too. The cops arrested 75 in total sofar.
They say they know who did those damages, and they will make them pay for it. (police chief saying that).

No need to destroy 4 police cars and other property, that all tax payers have paid for. Idiots.
They should have never held it in a big city in the first place. Somewhere out in the neck of the woods, and costs would have been cheaper, too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When crap like this happens in L.A., everybody thinks, "figures". The majority of people, even in L.A., don't agree with this behavior, BUT, it does happen in every city, given the right circumstances.

You put an abortion clinic in Ottumwa Iowa and you'll be seeing farmers rioting!

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I do assume some of those are americans, that crossed the border to demostrate and cause unrest. "

That "assume" made an ass out of you! Don't go blaming people 'til you get the facts.

klein

New numbers are out, over 300 arressted.
The small vandalizing group, are the so called black bloc's.

They have only shown up in Canada once prior, and that was at the Vanouver Olympics, where they did damage to the Hudson Bay store (sponser of the Olympics).

I just hope the mounties do get their men, and prosecute them to the fullest, and make them pay for the damages they done.

klein

Behind the G20 protests?

One issue is the Global Banking Tax

Canada fought that issue and won. Global Bank Tax is out of the question now.
Obama came to the G8/G20 with his own bank reform, and Germany opposses it now, too.

It's up to individual countries now, if they want to have bank taxes (as a hedge). Stupidiest thing they could have ever thought of.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I hoped the other countries preaching reducing deficits shamed our prez. and pounded into his head that more spending does not solve the problem. Among all the leaders he looks the fool!