G-20

klein

Für Meno :)
I hoped the other countries preaching reducing deficits shamed our prez. and pounded into his head that more spending does not solve the problem. Among all the leaders he looks the fool!

We shall see if Obama signs up to Canada's plan, for every country to reduce it's deficit spending by 50%, by 2013.
Seems sofar, it's one thing they can agree upon.

As you know, Germany and the UK really want to cut deficit spending, and start paying off debt.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama would have a tough time reducing spending when he hasn't even begun to do the spending associated with that burdening health bill he passed.

over9five

Staff member
PS. Yes I know the Republicans were big spenders too.

I was just hoping for the promised (but never delivered) CHANGE.....

ups1990

Yeah, really, we'll find out how many were americans soon, once they publish the arrests.
Those darn foreigners. Are you profiling? I hope not. Let's keep the profiling to the few members on here that hate certain races.
I thought the G-20 was a new Gatorade drink.

tieguy

Banned
If Bush was there, you'ld see american flags burning, signs and puppets of Bush, etc.

Ah I see , well american flags burning that happened, puppets of bush nope. All other forms of total anarchy yes. phew good thing Bush was not there. :salute::please:

tieguy

Banned
I just can't imagine Obama slowing his spending. It just won't happen.

He is out of control.

to the degree you have to wonder if he is single handidly trying to crash the economy. Surely some good libertarian can come up with a conspiracy theory proving obama plans to create a totalitarian country out of the ash's with him in charge? Reminiscent of FDR's attempt to take total control during the depression?

Oh thats right libertarians are really closet liberals and would never speak out against their master.:happy2:

give them some religions to bash instead.

DS

Fenderbender
604 arrests so far.Reporters on scene are saying that every protester seems to have a different reason for being there.
On July 1st they are introducing the HST(harmonized sales tax) Gas,home heating,internet access,home improvement to name the big ones,will be taxed at 13%.
IMHO
The ones that decided to spend almost 2 billion dollars to bring the G8 and G20 here,are seeing the wrath of the public doing the only thing they can to vent their disapproval.
So much for letting the world see what a world class city is really like.

heres the most recent update if anyone cares
http://www.ctv.ca/news/

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can't wait 'til he gets back to D.C. and has to tell Pelosi that she has to cut her spending. Whew!! Good thing she already got that $18,760 a month office rented!

I think the reporters should be bugging him everyday about where he cut spending that day and don't let up on him.....because he can't do it!! All he knows is 'spend' !!

tieguy

Banned
604 arrests so far.Reporters on scene are saying that every protester seems to have a different reason for being there.
On July 1st they are introducing the HST(harmonized sales tax) Gas,home heating,internet access,home improvement to name the big ones,will be taxed at 13%.
IMHO
The ones that decided to spend almost 2 billion dollars to bring the G8 and G20 here,are seeing the wrath of the public doing the only thing they can to vent their disapproval.
So much for letting the world see what a world class city is really like.

heres the most recent update if anyone cares
http://www.ctv.ca/news/

Pssst look klein, here is a canadian with a brain. learn from him.

klein

Pssst look klein, here is a canadian with a brain. learn from him.

Just that it's not true. Moreluck is dead on.
From what I heard, it was a group of 70 Quebecors, and it looks like they all got arrested hiding out at the Toronto University lodging area.
They also refused to speak english.
And the G8/G20 costed Canadian tax payers $1 Billion. By capita, that is more then the US spent on the cash4clunkers program.
Ofcourse, we are all chocked , paying that much.

Next time they hold one here, they better go closer to the northpole. Lot less security needed up there !
And, suppose to be nice there in the summer, too.

klein

DS, will the HST replace or be in addition to the GST and PST?

Replacement, it's called "Harmonized Service Tax". They combined the 2.
And not every province is doing so.

Cheapest place to visit or be is Alberta. No PST here. Just 5% GST.
BC will have a 15% HST, unless they back out of it. Causing tons of uproar there.

klein

whatever happens the good canadians will pay it without a wimper

And you know why ? Because Ontarion's realize they are too much in debt. Government spending and services have already been cut, but not enough to be back in the black and pay down debt.
Canadians are used going thru tougher times, and paying back debt. We been in it deep in the early 90's.
Turned things around and ran surpluses, until this new recesssion.

Americans will eventually need to pay back their debt, too. And atleast try to run a balanced budget (which is no longer good enough, and which hasn't been done in 10 years.)
Cuts and new taxes are comming south, don't kid yourself. And it will be about time, your pay back that estimated $200.000 debt per capita per person.