G&A ERI

Dfigtree

... if you think it is bad come to Mhawah where we have to kneel before the king ...

You don't have to kneel. And, that ain't no king. Hold your head up, boy. Hold your head high. No kneeling.

R

ramsey500

ISFRIENDLY: your handle should be G&AFriendly. Things can't be all good in your (work) world can they? I don't ever recall seeing a negative post from you about G&A.

and I do have class, thank you. the comment I made was not about the accident which was very unfortunate. I would never make fun of anyone's hardship. it was about the level of (misguided) devotion those two anonymous posters have towards the big guy.

ISFriendly

RAMSEY....I don't agree with everything that comes down but I actually enjoy working in this portfolio. The PL,PM all the way up to the big guy have been honest with us in Motown and other postings about things that were going to happen never did. Our PM speaks highly of the big guy and we have had promotions and demotions and they all made sense. You know who isn't cutting it and they took it on. Why should I talk negative about that.

My question to you is:

Is there anything positive or constuctional you can place out on this thread ?

I followed up and the ERI actually improved in our portfolio and significantly in you Ramsey building....

Maybe when the economy gets better those disgruntled can move on to a more preferable job.

i have time left and want to make the best of it......

TO the Medeiros guy...thanks but i never hear anything good from my Mahwah friends..........

ISFriendly

OK Ramsey here are 2 negative things:

1. I want to work from home 2 days a week...the gas prices are killing me !!!!

2. I want Fridays off in August to help compensate for the July release and allow me to spend more time with my family.

Now that would be change that would help me personally...

Now it is your turn.....Remember Be constructive.......

G&A Friendly

Last edited:
R

ramsey500

ISFriendly: thanks for the feedback---I agree that would be a couple of great policies to implement. however, what do u think the big guy would do if u walked into his office and asked for those two things?:nono2:

and I know Retired I/Ter would laugh u out of town. wasn't he already yapping about working 80 hour weeks (and proud of it)

that's the difference between IT professionals and many lifetime UPSers who never worked anywhere but UPS. those that worked elsewhere know how professionals are treated.

and there is a WORLD of difference between Morristown and Ramsey. maybe it has something to do with the app mgrs. i know people who have worked for KR and RJ, and they tell me KR is an excellent manager.

R

Rickym

How come you do not comment on your managers like KL or MK or MW ?
Let me guess they think your are the biggest cry baby and they will never promote you? So no matter if you know the Payroll you will never get anywhere because you have no people skills. So they will bring new people to replace MK and you will continue intertening yourself on this site. O poor JT.....

ISFriendly: thanks for the feedback---I agree that would be a couple of great policies to implement. however, what do u think the big guy would do if u walked into his office and asked for those two things?:nono2:

and I know Retired I/Ter would laugh u out of town. wasn't he already yapping about working 80 hour weeks (and proud of it)

that's the difference between IT professionals and many lifetime UPSers who never worked anywhere but UPS. those that worked elsewhere know how professionals are treated.

and there is a WORLD of difference between Morristown and Ramsey. maybe it has something to do with the app mgrs. i know people who have worked for KR and RJ, and they tell me KR is an excellent manager.

R

Rickym

O yes if you are calling a doing a better job by hiding behind a big guy's back a being a better manager. I rather know my AM.
So you have nothing else to say about a big guy, so must be an AM?
CONSTRUCTIVE, I thought that was the suggestion?
--------------------

ISFriendly

Ramsey500,

I don't think the big guy could make that decision. At Daves CIO roundtable it was brought up and it seemed that there was no interest.

At our mtg with the big guy last year he said he wanted to pilot it if it was approved.

I don't believe the UPS culture is ready for this type of change. I hope that this change gets in before I retire or die.

G&A friendly

R

Retired I/Ter

There is no way the Port Mgr would be allowed to make this decision. It would have to be approved by the CIO and there would be chaos because of those who weren't allowed would claim they have been discriminated against.

I didn't always work for UPS and KNOW how the real world works. I work today as a consultant part time to make some add'l caaash that allows me to bet on BIG Brown.

Remember the grass always looks greener on the outside.....some times it is painted cement !!!

Ramsey500,

I don't think the big guy could make that decision. At Daves CIO roundtable it was brought up and it seemed that there was no interest.

At our mtg with the big guy last year he said he wanted to pilot it if it was approved.

I don't believe the UPS culture is ready for this type of change. I hope that this change gets in before I retire or die.

G&A friendly

1 man 2 vote

And I'd be willing to bet that there's no interest because everyone knows that there would be some sort of consequences that someone would have to pay.

Supposed they were to allow telecommuting or having some time off to compensate for longer releases. Because certain items are left up to the discretion of the individual managers, there would be some way, some method in which the individual employee would regret having that ability.

For all you know, it could be turned into "well, since you can work from home two days a week, you can work from home Saturday and Sunday."

Ramsey500,

G&A friendly

B

brownRamsey

It's not a PM(DS) and it's not an AM(KR or RJ) it's you Ramsey500 you and only you Ramsey500. Get some HELP! Solutions number is on UPSers.com....

-----------------------------------------------------------

R

Ramsey -1

You sound so hostile....do you take medication for your depression ?

meet in the cafeteria ??? you don't want to take me on.....Tough guy....

Impacted TSG: Why are you even in the Brown Cafe any longer? I read one of your prior posts in a different thread where you were boasting how much $$$ you make since you left UPS. We are all very, very happy for you. Now leave us be with our cookies and milk and get lost.

R

ramsey500

Ramsey -1: weren't you the one who said something about me not having the BOYS to say something to someone's face? Why do you then take my invite as a threat? Here is your post in case you forgot:
The reason Ramsey500 would never go face to face with the big guy is because he/she kisses his butt in public and hides behind his/her PC to convey negativity. I think he/she is a fake and hopefully gets dealt with..
Why don't you meet me then and "deal with me" instead of hoping I get dealt with? And I guess you are not in Ramsey because the Cafe is downstairs, and not the cafeteria that USED TO BE THERE BEFORE THE THORNY ONE HAD IT REMOVED (along with the nice cafeteria lady)

And my med of choice is stirring things up on the Brown Cafe - what's your's, Valium?

and your comment, (GIANT2029.... you take offense.....you are in his office which means you are a P/L or above) shows you really have NO CLUE when it comes to the big guy. The big guy welcomes everyone into his office, PL, hourly, etc.

Rickym: you couldn't be farther from the truth in your lame attempt to out me.

R

rickym

What it used to be in Ramsey was the home for next day leftovers from Mahwah and calling it a cafeteria is like calling McDonalds a gourmet restaurant.
The person who ran that dirty, unsanitary place was far from being "nice" as being a "lady". It like calling Britney Spears a lady or calling Ramsey500 a gentleman..
-----------------

Ramsey -1: weren't you the one who said something about me not having the BOYS to say something to someone's face? Why do you then take my invite as a threat? Here is your post in case you forgot:
The reason Ramsey500 would never go face to face with the big guy is because he/she kisses his butt in public and hides behind his/her PC to convey negativity. I think he/she is a fake and hopefully gets dealt with..
Why don't you meet me then and "deal with me" instead of hoping I get dealt with? And I guess you are not in Ramsey because the Cafe is downstairs, and not the cafeteria that USED TO BE THERE BEFORE THE THORNY ONE HAD IT REMOVED (along with the nice cafeteria lady)

And my med of choice is stirring things up on the Brown Cafe - what's your's, Valium?

and your comment, (GIANT2029.... you take offense.....you are in his office which means you are a P/L or above) shows you really have NO CLUE when it comes to the big guy. The big guy welcomes everyone into his office, PL, hourly, etc.

Rickym: you couldn't be farther from the truth in your lame attempt to out me.

R

ramsey500

rickym---get your head out of upper management's BUTT--I may have to add you to that list of bathroom helpers-

and FYI - they had a couple of different companies run the place and for some reason they always retained the cafeteria lady to work there. someone must have been saying something nice about her.

and yes, I agree that leftovers were not too appealing, that's why I always chose to eat at the Cafe downstairs.

myback

ok things are getting a little better now than they were 3 or 4 years ago. and it is a good job yes. but when they came down with this pas/edd thing it tore our bldg apart. morale has not risen to the levels of pre p/e days. but u know they didnt ask me about it. its a good job and i'll just sit back and get paid while they "fix" it. and let me tell ya they really fixed it good. so far be it from me to dare suggest an alternative to un-fix it because its all being "fixed" right now. and we all know its not reality, but only perception that counts. nothingcanstopmenowbecauseidontcareanymore.