Game. Set. Match.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Third, Tyler has huge platform and the worst thing the union could do is not defend Tyler’s job.

It's not his Local, not defending him, he has to worry about.

The company can discharge him for some BS and keep out of work for months and months.

But, eventually he will be sitting across the table (at a Panel) from Union Officials that were

on the negotiating committees and they will remember him bad mouthing the Union.

Not saying it will happen, but the company has a long memory.... they never forget.

-Bug-

Kelgirl

Put on your big boy pants and go full time. Working 3 and a half hours a day ain’t a career buddy boy.
Some of us Seniority PTers have a career as well, ( work a full-time job and this PT job) but just like u, we been with the company awhile and are working towards our WELL EARNED pension. and who the hell do you think been loading your truck in the middle of the night.

Time for change

It's not his Local, not defending him, he has to worry about.

The company can discharge him for some BS and keep out of work for months and months.

But, eventually he will be sitting across the table (at a Panel) from Union Officials that were

on the negotiating committees and they will remember him bad mouthing the Union.

Not saying it will happen, but the company has a long memory.... they never forget.

-Bug-
The nice thing for Tyler is he will do well no matter what. I have a feeling he will be a BA and then eventually a local president once he gets more refined. But for a 26 year old, he has all the right stuff. And was more influential in this than any of the Union big wigs. Amazing really.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Put on your big boy pants and go full time. Working 3 and a half hours a day ain’t a career buddy boy.
I don't understand why you think someone working two part time jobs should make less per hour than someone working one full time job. Corporate America has been pushing for a part time workforce for decades to cheat workers out of an honest wage. Now they're taking it to a whole new level with the gig economy.

It's sad that you buy into their greed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The nice thing for Tyler is he will do well no matter what. I have a feeling he will be a BA and then eventually a local president once he gets more refined. But for a 26 year old, he has all the right stuff. And was more influential in this than any of the Union big wigs. Amazing really.

It's kind of sad, really.

He might have had potential....

But, had his head turned by the false prophesy of the nitwits from TDU.

Live and learn.

-Bug-

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It's kind of sad, really.

He might have had potential....

But, had his head turned by the false prophesy of the nitwits from TDU.

Live and learn.

-Bug-

The closer we get, the more your true colors show.
You irrationally lash out at those who disagree, and use ad hominem attacks, instead of logic.

You wouldn't be getting worried, would you? ;)

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Why.... ?

I'll still have a job.

How about you ?

Hahahaha!

Trust me. That sort of scare tactic ain't gonna work.
We could go on strike for 3 months, and I wouldn't even be remotely worried.

They lay me off?
Meh. The local McDonald's currently pays $1/hr more than I make now.

You've backed a lot of part timers into a position where we have very little to lose.
Hope that works out for ya.

Neanderthal

Just remember to vote similar in everything.

If ups agreed to the master, your local sold you out on the supplement too because the company had to agree.

Why would the company agree to your supplement agreement and the master if they were not getting a good agreement????

They are all in collusion together!

LagunaBrown

Ha ha! Yeah right! You think he is gonna take a pay cut and deal with the reality of working for a local. He ain’t gonna leave the gravy train no matter how much he hates package. Face it he will be TDU’s poster boy and lap dog for the rest of his life.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Ha ha! Yeah right! You think he is gonna take a pay cut and deal with the reality of working for a local. He ain’t gonna leave the gravy train no matter how much he hates package. Face it he will be TDU’s poster boy and lap dog for the rest of his life.

How much is the company paying you to be their "poster boy and lap dog"?

Neanderthal

Ha ha! Yeah right! You think he is gonna take a pay cut and deal with the reality working for a local. He ain’t gonna leave the gravy train no matter how much he hates package. Face it he will be TDU’s poster boy and lap dog for the rest of his life.

Tyler has also ruined some credibility by some of his presentations not being factually sound.

It’s one thing to identify issues with proposals

It’s another issue to misinterpret contract language, then tell people why it’s bad.

Too few people understand our current collective bargaining agreement.

Maybe we need a strike. Would be good class room time

LagunaBrown

How much is the company paying you to be their "poster boy and lap dog"?
I get $150,000 dollars in total compensation a year (just like Tyler) thanks to the TEAMSTERS! Great healthcare and Pension! If the TEAMSTERS recommend a yes vote then I am down with them. Just like when they wanted me to strike 1997 I got their back! I will NOT listen to some chumps on the internet that never did :censored2: for me.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I get $150,000 dollars in total compensation a year thanks to the TEAMSTERS! Great healthcare and Pension! If the TEAMSTERS recommend a yes vote then I am down with them. Just like when they wanted me to strike 1997 I got their back! I will NOT listen to some chumps on the internet that never did :censored2: for me.

Funny how you didn't deny the company compensating you. ;)

You talk about it being "thanks to" the teamsters. Nothing about being a union member, or not being a company shill.

To clarify, if your local were to recommend a no vote, would you switch your views?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Maybe we need a strike. Would be good class room time

I get $150,000 dollars in total compensation a year (just like Tyler) thanks to the TEAMSTERS! Great healthcare and Pension! If the TEAMSTERS recommend a yes vote then I am down with them. Just like when they wanted me to strike 1997 I got their back! I will NOT listen to some chumps on the internet that never did :censored2: for me.

Okay @Tony Q enough is enough

LagunaBrown

Funny how you didn't deny the company compensating you. ;)

You talk about it being "thanks to" the teamsters. Nothing about being a union member, or not being a company shill.

To clarify, if your local were to recommend a no vote, would you switch your views?
1. The company compensates all of us
2. You are trying to insinuate something stupid here.
3. The Teamsters are my Local! I roll with them. Unlike almost all vote no people that are bigots I understand and believe in other locals having the right to practice their sovereignty. It all depends on their supplements and riders.

Neanderthal

2300 a week good god do UPS drivers really make that. I mean im a driver in my 2nd yr of progression and dont even make half that.
Most full scale drivers (after 4 years) make $100k a year and somewhere between $16,000-19,000 contributed to their pension, and an additional $1,300-1,700 a month on dental vision and health care they don’t pay for.

No where does anyone make close to that delivering a package or without having a college degree

The next close or best is mileage CDL trucking but that takes a license that is not very easily obtained for some people that don’t have buy in power. Then they have extraordinary expenses buying I individual health care and 401k savings.

Ups is the gold ticket to a pretty good life style

(If this contract passes you’ll make a couple more dollars more an hour instantly and a fat retro check from August 1)

Neanderthal

D397A84D-55F2-4017-B987-D9E812FB4212.jpeg