Game. Set. Match.

WorkingAsDirected

I wasn't happy with the concessions from the last two contracts, but I'd be more than happy with just maintaining everything we have. But what they want in return for just maintaining compensation for ground drivers is too much, and should be voted down.

You're more than happy just to maintain everything we have when the economy is doing great?? What do you think will happen next contract when the economy goes bad?

Neanderthal

B09F1E34-5E73-4137-8FD9-BCB1BD49A93A.png
09B5AE42-1A56-4C80-9349-8281715FB5FF.jpeg
Pay cut? Do the math, that was one week. Vacation weeks....BA and Local President make 107,000-120,000 with lots of perks and nothing nearing a 60 hour week.

I think this is Tyler Binders Local Union 344

There are a few around the dollar amount you mentioned. I don’t believe for a second that they have the great hours you say they do

I know my BA is at several non ups functions and general meetings - among all the strange hours he visits the different sorts

Wouldn’t you want competitive pay to attract the best talent and passion? There can’t be a lot redeeming qualities other than helping people in that role...

Tony Q

View attachment 212745 View attachment 212746

I think this is Tyler Binders Local Union 344

There are a few around the dollar amount you mentioned. I don’t believe for a second that they have the great hours you say they do

I know my BA is at several non ups functions and general meetings - among all the strange hours he visits the different sorts

Wouldn’t you want competitive pay to attract the best talent and passion? There can’t be a lot redeeming qualities other than helping people in that role...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You're more than happy just to maintain everything we have when the economy is doing great?? What do you think will happen next contract when the economy goes bad?

I'm so sorry, let me clarify, I would be happier to maintain what we have rather than give up everything we're being asked to give up in this contract. I'm not asking for more compensation, but the yessers are trying to say maintaining our compensation is a good enough reason to pass this contract. That is the point I am arguing.

babboo25

Banned
@babboo25 feel free to show me where I'm wrong. I'm not creating anything, just making a reasonable assumption about future inflation and the math speaks for itself.
My cable bill went up $100 month recently, I switched and saved almost $150 month, local grocer raised milk prices .75 cents gallon, found it cheaper elsewhere, my interest payment on mortgage is the same for the next 8 years, what’s inflation?

Neanderthal

My cable bill went up $100 month recently, I switched and saved almost $150 month, local grocer raised milk prices .75 cents gallon, found it cheaper elsewhere, my interest payment on mortgage is the same for the next 8 years, what’s inflation?

They are confusing inflation statistics to having a work location that is inconvenienced in respect to housing options (or lack thereof) by competitive buyers markets in heavy metropolitan areas.

Toto, we ain’t in Kansas any more

Time for change

They are confusing inflation statistics to having a work location that is inconvenienced in respect to housing options (or lack thereof) by competitive buyers markets in heavy metropolitan areas.

Toto, we ain’t in Kansas any more
No, actually there are real and indisputable inflation numbers. Because you find a sale or good buy doesn’t negate inflation.

Tony Q

I'm so sorry, let me clarify, I would be happier to maintain what we have rather than give up everything we're being asked to give up in this contract. I'm not asking for more compensation, but the yessers are trying to say maintaining our compensation is a good enough reason to pass this contract. That is the point I am arguing.
Healthcare and pension stayed the same or got better for most. Wages went up. The starting rate was greatly improved. Between 7 thousand and 8 thousand new full time jobs were created. The day after thanksgiving is still double time except for a place in New York. Article 37 has a penalty pay of up to 24 hours at any step of the grievance procedure. I don’t see the concessions and the general public won’t either. A no vote on this current contract is a vote to strike. Don’t say I didn’t tell you so.

Healthcare and pension stayed the same or got better for most. Wages went up. The starting rate was greatly improved. Between 7 thousand and 8 thousand new full time jobs were created. The day after thanksgiving is still double time except for a place in New York. Article 37 has a penalty pay of up to 24 hours at any step of the grievance procedure. I don’t see the concessions and the general public won’t either. A no vote on this current contract is a vote to strike. Don’t say I didn’t tell you so.
5000 new "22.4 " jobs.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok, we have one who doesn't know what inflation is, and another who thinks it's a loclalized phenomena related to housing. I'm sorry, the education system has failed you gentlemen.

giphy (6).gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Ok, make that three who don't understand inflation. I guess you guys live in a magic fairy land where the only thing that goes up in price is housing. Wages for drivers in progression are the only ones that are actually increasing. 22.4 is a worse deal for part timers wanting to go full time driver than ground driver. We already voted to authorize a strike, we know what we're getting into, one more round of negotiations, at least, and maybe the threat of a strike thereafter.

But no 1c protection for article 22.4 drivers is okay?

Just as long as you got yours?