Game. Set. Match.

siouxman

siouxman
You’re on crack. You know that the 34 year part timer makes over 20 dollars an hour more than the 4 year part timer? You know the 34 year part timer makes over 10 dollars more an hour than the 15 year part timer? It’s not the 34 year part timer or the newbie that gets screwed on this contract, it’s all those in the middle that are getting squeezed. But we will vote in larger numbers and we will help carry the no vote over the finish line.
A four year feeder driver makes has much as a
Certainly the mindset, but wait until the company/IBT machine’s junk contract gets shot down on the votes of the part timers. What a change it’s going to be.
how many votes will be needed to shoot down contract. 130000.i think that is almost double of last contract

Time for change

You claim poverty but spend all day on brown cafe, you’re definitely not winning at anything.
Single mother of academic scholarship college student and second daughter is honor student well on her way. Never took a dime of government assistance. Took care of 100% of household duties and 2 jobs. Might not be winning in your book because I’m not a fat, overpaid bully.

babboo25

Banned
Single mother of academic scholarship college student and second daughter is honor student well on her way. Never took a dime of government assistance. Took care of 100% of household duties and 2 jobs. Might not be winning in your book because I’m not a fat, overpaid bully.
Congratulations, wish your family nothing but the best.

PT Car Washer

That is great because many PT Union members are forced onto public assistance because of the low wages and the lack of opportunities for extra hours. Unfortunately That will not change with the new contract.

Time for change

That is great because many PT Union members are forced onto public assistance because of the low wages and the lack of opportunities for extra hours. Unfortunately That will not change with the new contract.

Doesn’t 22.4 provide a new opportunity? Public assistance? It’s a part time job!
Have you tried living in some areas even working two part time jobs? Not everyone walks into UPS and is able to go full time. Can be a 10 year wait. Try having 2 kids in an expensive market. Wow you’re out of touch. There are folks busting their hump and doing everything they can working 2-3 jobs. Really snobby of you to think you deserve 20+ bucks an hour more for doing comparable work with same company. If we aren’t represented then more and more will stop paying dues. Not an overall win for the union and it’s members.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Doesn’t 22.4 provide a new opportunity? Public assistance? It’s a part time job!
A PT job at minimum wage and Union dues. Most people think of Union jobs as having superior wages and benefits compared to working at Walmart. And who agreed to allowing UPS to hire PT workers? The Teamster Union.

babboo25

Banned
Have you tried living in some areas even working two part time jobs? Not everyone walks into UPS and is able to go full time. Can be a 10 year wait. Try having 2 kids in an expensive market. Wow you’re out of touch. There are folks busting their hump and doing everything they can working 2-3 jobs. Really snobby of you to think you deserve 20+ bucks an hour more for doing comparable work with same company. If we aren’t represented then more and more will stop paying dues. Not an overall win for the union and it’s members.
Comparable work? I’ve loaded/unloaded trucks, worked preload for 9 years, there is absolutely nothing comparable to working your ass off 9-11 hours a day, you are out of touch.

brown_trousers

A PT job at minimum wage and Union dues. Most people think of Union jobs as having superior wages and benefits compared to working at Walmart. And who agreed to allowing UPS to hire PT workers? The Teamster Union.

We would not be making $37 an hour, if UPS did not have cheap PT labor for package handling.

It just wouldnt be sustainable to pay every package handler over $30 an hour as FT employees.

We enjoy high wages and good pensions (at least in some areas) because we employ cheap PT labor for the majority our labor

babboo25

Banned
We would not be making $37 an hour, if UPS did not have cheap PT labor for package handling.

It just wouldnt be sustainable to pay every package handler over $30 an hour as FT employees.

We enjoy high wages and good pensions (at least in some areas) because we employ cheap PT labor for the majority our labor
They would find a way for the drivers to load their own trucks. Save them a fortune by doing so, I guarantee they’ve looked into it.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
It happens now every day.

It’s called:

Air driver
Utility driver
Temporary cover driver
Progression rate.

Top scale va bottom scale.

Ups already has a multi-tiered seniority based progression system, but you can hit the top rate if you exercise your seniority.

The 22.4 will be a stepping stone that will provide a combination of work and more importantly a full time job.

I think that is as members have negatively viewed the rate of this new position when the ibt has viewed the importance of creating more full time positions.

One way or the other - it seems to me that a lot of 21-35 year olds don’t want the full time ups life style and would take an opportunity closer to part time.

Example:

1)three days of part time inside at the inside rate
+
2) two days of driving at the drivers rate.

Those components were intertwined at a fairy competitive rate to the job market - I think the company will be successful in finding people that want this job.

Slave Jobs Drivers, Go ahead!!! lmao!!! While I'm going to a Trip Vacation you will be delivering cardboard for $6 less, thanks pal! I always need a extra crutch!

PT Car Washer

And do you believe this is a good thing? I guess it is for the minority of the Union members.