Game. Set. Match.

babboo25

Banned
Ok, make that three who don't understand inflation. I guess you guys live in a magic fairy land where the only thing that goes up in price is housing. Wages for drivers in progression are the only ones that are actually increasing. 22.4 is a worse deal for part timers wanting to go full time driver than ground driver. We already voted to authorize a strike, we know what we're getting into, one more round of negotiations, at least, and maybe the threat of a strike thereafter.
Can you please enlighten us on what prices have increased in your life the past 5 years? If inflation is killing you why not walk a little slower throughout the day, make some of that $ back.

Neanderthal

The entire vote yes position is based on a lack of understanding of highschool level economics. I finally understand.

You would be understanding me incorrectly if you thought that I am denying inflation. I am simply underscoring the fact that there are regional areas that are not in favor of this contract for the wage progressions due to the fact that it does not elevate them in purchase power in their respective regional housing market

Regional issues require regional solutions

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You would be understanding me incorrectly if you thought that I am denying inflation. I am simply underscoring the fact that there are regional areas that are not in favor of this contract for the wage progressions due to the fact that it does not elevate them in purchase power in their respective regional housing market

That's an interesting assertion. I've never heard the argument "vote no because I want a bigger house."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Can you please enlighten us on what prices have increased in your life the past 5 years? If inflation is killing you why not walk a little slower throughout the day, make some of that $ back.

Strawman argument. I'm not arguing that inflation is killing me. I'm stating facts about inflation, of which you seem to lack understanding. It's a very basic economic concept most high school freshmen learn and have no trouble grasping. The question isn't what prices have gone up, it's what prices haven't?

Strawman argument. I'm not arguing that inflation is killing me. I'm stating facts about inflation, of which you seem to lack understanding. It's a very basic economic concept most high school freshmen learn and have no trouble grasping. The question isn't what prices have gone up, it's what prices haven't?
So $40/hr isn't enough while the rest of us have to make do earning $13/hr working PT?

babboo25

Banned
Sorry I don’t go to sleep at night thinking about inflation. LOL