Game. Set. Match.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am? Geez how embarrassing for me

giphy (7).gif

Neanderthal

17E492BC-DA06-46E2-98A8-5C6C9A8FFD89.png

Chart showing past, present and projected employment levels in each craft. Only noticeable change is manufacturing dwindling

Healthcare selected as only emerging market

F1B6A6BA-3889-4882-92D0-C399BACC4499.png

Stagnated wage growth in the US (reseciorry union)

8DC65784-DE61-4101-8393-94326E918633.png

Disportionate wage, highest to lowest, based off trade industry. Intel (information technology) being the current fore front

Last edited:

Time for change

Healthcare and pension stayed the same or got better for most. Wages went up. The starting rate was greatly improved. Between 7 thousand and 8 thousand new full time jobs were created. The day after thanksgiving is still double time except for a place in New York. Article 37 has a penalty pay of up to 24 hours at any step of the grievance procedure. I don’t see the concessions and the general public won’t either. A no vote on this current contract is a vote to strike. Don’t say I didn’t tell you so.
Wage increases were worse than the 02 contract. Shouldn’t we be progressing especially in this economic climate? Sorry but the starting rate was needed by the company and isn’t something that will help us members vote yes, we needed that extra bump not just new hires. You failed, how can a 3 year person make the same as a brand new hire. You failed on skilled pay language. You failed on 22.4. Take your made up 14.5 billion number and go back to the table.

babboo25

Banned
Wage increases were worse than the 02 contract. Shouldn’t we be progressing especially in this economic climate? Sorry but the starting rate was needed by the company and isn’t something that will help us members vote yes, we needed that extra bump not just new hires. You failed, how can a 3 year person make the same as a brand new hire. You failed on skilled pay language. You failed on 22.4. Take your made up 14.5 billion number and go back to the table.
Or vote no and watch full timers bump you off your job, yes 1 full timer will displace 2 part timers due to volume loss. UPS is changing if we vote no.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Wage increases were worse than the 02 contract.

Well, an .85 difference isn't much over the course of a five year contract. (2002 - 2018)

Especially considering, Health & Welfare and Pension contributions have significantly

increased since then.

Shouldn’t we be progressing especially in this economic climate?

The proposed increases' are better than the last contract, with no split raises.

Is that a concession ? Again, more contributions for benefits.

How can a 3 year person make the same as a brand new hire.

I'm sure everyone has heard the expression;

"One bad apple, doesn't spoil the whole bunch."

Unfortunately, for the part-timers.... it does.

When you have such a high turn-over rate, coupled with existing employees not bothering

to show up to work (on any given day) and the fact they don't vote....

What are people realistically expecting ?

-Bug-

Well, an .85 difference isn't much over the course of a five year contract. (2002 - 2018)

Especially considering, Health & Welfare and Pension contributions have significantly

increased since then.

The proposed increases' are better than the last contract, with no split raises.

Is that a concession ? Again, more contributions for benefits.

I'm sure everyone has heard the expression;

"One bad apple, doesn't spoil the whole bunch."

Unfortunately, for the part-timers.... it does.

When you have such a high turn-over rate, coupled with existing employees not bothering

to show up to work (on any given day) and the fact they don't vote....

What are people realistically expecting ?

-Bug-
I think we might have a higher part time voter turnout out this contract....but I'm not holding my breath too long.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think we might have a higher part time voter turnout out this contract....but I'm not holding my breath too long.

Even with all the belligerent posts' you see on the internet, and the "vote no" facebook

page boasting it's number of members.... UPS members voting participation is consistent.

Before a FT can bump a PT he must first have more company seniority.

In the Central Region.... Yep.

But, a person has to consider their options.

Even a low seniority full-timer is probably going to have seniority over most part-timers.

It could be more advantageous to file for unemployment.

But then, some will need the medical benefits.

Kind of a "flip of the coin" situation depending on the persons needs.

-Bug-

Even with all the belligerent posts' you see on the internet, and the "vote no" facebook

page boasting it's number of members.... UPS members voting participation is consistent.

In the Central Region.... Yep.

But, a person has to consider their options.

Even a low seniority full-timer is probably going to have seniority over most part-timers.

It could be more advantageous to file for unemployment.

But then, some will need the medical benefits.

Kind of a "flip of the coin" situation depending on the persons needs.

-Bug-
I was hoping for a better turnout than the 39% we had last time.

Tony Q

I can’t wait till you see what the alternative is.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was hoping for a better turnout than the 39% we had last time.

People don't understand how frustrating that is.

"Oh, your members are dissatisfied.... why don't they vote ?"

(says the company)

Isn't it cool, that TDU publishes all this information ?

They are disillusioned, in the fact, they think their inexperience.... helps ?

People don't understand how frustrating that is.

"Oh, your members are dissatisfied.... why don't they vote ?"

(says the company)

Isn't it cool, that TDU publishes all this information ?

They are disillusioned, in the fact, they think their inexperience.... helps ?
You can't make it any easier to vote, unless you you ask members to raise their hand at the PCM