Game. Set. Match.

LagunaBrown

The money HAS always went to premium jobs. What I'm tell you is the PT ranks have been ignored for far to long and now social media may be the teamsters downfall. Now it seems the tides are changing and the money needs to go to existing PT ranks not to drivers that make over a 100k a year.

When you ignore and step on the peons it's only a matter of time before there is a revolt. That's what it looks like is going on. Are they being helped by politics sure but that's still the unions own doing by letting it go on for too long.
Holy crap! You do not get it. If you give a a dollar to a part timer on the front end you take away the dollar from his Full Time top rate on the back end. You always want the top rate to go up! Remember we did NOT go on strike in 1997 to make high paying part time jobs. We want high paying full time jobs.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
How would you feel doing the same job I’am doing for $6 an hour less
I make over $15 bucks an hour compared to our off the street hite guys doing same job.
I also make over $6 an hour over are full time drivers in progression with their TCD pay rate.
Only difference is they can file for penalty pay if the stars align just right.

Time for change

Holy crap! You do not get it. If you give a a dollar to a part timer on the front end you take away the dollar from his Full Time top rate on the back end. You always want the top rate to go up! Remember we did NOT go on strike in 1997 to make high paying part time jobs. We want high paying full time jobs.
They found over 2 bucks an hour for new hires right off the street and that’s as front end as it gets. WE are voting this contract down because WE are part of union also. You can only keep increasing the disparity in pay so much before the majority wake up and fight back.

Days

Full rate takes in GWI, so when you are done with progression you make the same as every driver that has more seniority.

View attachment 212390
Give this guy a diaper and a bottle! Are you kidding me! You want to strike when these part timers have this kind of opportunity without a college education. Why did he not mention how much the Union negotiated for a part timers contributions for pension and healthcare?

I know rofl he shouldn't have posted his pay check. It just makes drivers look overpaid. Idk why they keep giving drivers raises if they're already making 120k a year. Could put that money towards catch up raises for part timers

LagunaBrown

They found over 2 bucks an hour for new hires right off the street and that’s as front end as it gets. WE are voting this contract down because WE are part of union also. You can only keep increasing the disparity in pay so much before the majority wake up and fight back.
You act like the part timers are not part of full time pay raises. They are and should want top rate to go up. You trying to diminish top rate is plain DUMB!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I know rofl he shouldn't have posted his pay check. It just makes drivers look overpaid. Idk why they keep giving drivers raises if they're already making 120k a year. Could put that money towards catch up raises for part timers
That pay is the highest I have heard of for package car, but I would like to see how many hours he works to reach that pay has to be close to 60 hrs a week.

LagunaBrown

That pay is the highest I have heard of for package car, but I would like to see how many hours he works to reach that pay has to be close to 60 hrs a week.
Yeah for someone that cries about 9.5 I bet he never filed on it. I wonder how much his pension and healthcare contributions are. He must be close to $150,000 total compensation.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The part-timers all want catch up because they want to be higher than the people that come in

They don’t want an equal playing field.

This contract is going to fix the part time structure that’s gone unaddressed for decades!

Okay, troll. I'll bite.

Sure. We can have an equal playing field. But the contract does not address it.

Instead of creating a ceiling that we all end up at, (like the drivers), it creates a new floor, where everyone starts at.

So we all will still have different pay rates. This is just the company making sure we know we are no more valuable than a day one employee.

You want to make a reasonably high top rate for part timers?
I'm in. Let's talk.

Don't be an idiot.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Yeah for someone that cries about 9.5 I bet he never filed on it. I wonder how much his pension and healthcare contributions are. He must be close to $150,000 total compensation.
And at what point would you say he would be underpaid? Shouldn't we want the highest pay we can get for our job? Are you upset that he makes over a 100,000 while still experiencing his rights to say he disagrees with what was presented to the members?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Apparently 21 years later both the Company and the Union now agrees that Part Time employees do not qualify as a career.

"Part time work in America does work"..paraphrasing.."1997 slogan"..

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Watch how fast the vote no guys post meaningless threads to bury this one. They hate when they get exposed.
The fact that you’ve been deep throating this contract like a hooker on half price mondays speaks volumes. And you still miss the point of Tyler’s message. I don’t think you’ll ever get it. We can chalk you up to hopeless. Another West coast Teamster that loves subcontractors and non equal pay for equal work. That west coast is something else huh!

babboo25

Banned
You’re kidding yourself or you don’t know what you’re talking about if you think 22.4s are going to work inside on a regular basis
Why is your opinion the gospel and everyone else who disagrees with you is wrong? Who do you think you are? BC clique are the most negative, disgruntled people on the planet.

Tony Q

Using that starting rate increase as a member “get” is priceless. The starting rate increase is something the company needed and almost worthless to most dues paying members. You and the negotiating team failed Tony Q. Now go ahead and throw out your fake, company drawn up 14.5 billion number that can’t be explained, only used against the members.
So with your logic in your opinion do you think it’s useless to pay current members and future members between two dollars and $2.65 more an hour? Wow, you are a special person.