Garbage service!!

1pocket73

I drive feeder and run a small business on the side.I do a lot of shipping with this business and once in a while I get a customer that needs overnight service.Well, this happened Thursday where the guy really needed this delivered by Saturday afternoon so he could be ready for his trip on Monday.So I told him I'd go back to the shop Thursday night,get his order built and have it shipped on Friday via UPS Saturday Air.

He Paypals me the extra shipping cost and says how much he appreciates this,etc. So I go at lunch break on Friday to the UPS store and pay $122.00 to have this express pack shipped across the country.Long story short we dropped the ball and it got lost! Guy sent me an email and was pretty upset,rightly so.Frankly, I'm disgusted with our company for this.In fact, it disgusts me on a regular basis how many misloads I pick up from the Amazon facility I service. Tons and tons of NDA, ground,etc every week that wind up in Amazon trailers instead of the houses and businesses that they are supposed to go to.

This has been going on for years and it just absolutely disgusts and baffles me how management does NOTHING to improve this!

Overpaid Union Thug

I drive feeder and run a small business on the side.I do a lot of shipping with this business and once in a while I get a customer that needs overnight service.Well, this happened Thursday where the guy really needed this delivered by Saturday afternoon so he could be ready for his trip on Monday.So I told him I'd go back to the shop Thursday night,get his order built and have it shipped Friday UPS Saturday Air.

He Paypals me the extra shipping cost and says how much he appreciates this,etc. So I go at lunch break on Friday to the UPS store and pay $122.00 to have this express pack shipped across the country.Long story short we dropped the ball and it got lost! Guy sent me an email and was pretty upset,rightly so.Frankly, I'm disgusted with our company for this.In fact, it disgusts me on a regular basis how many misloads I pick up from the Amazon facility I service. Tons and tons of NDA, ground,etc every week that wind up in Amazon trailers instead of the houses and businesses that they are supposed to go to.

This has been going on for years and it just absolutely disgusts and baffles me how management dies NOTHING to improve this!
It’s been speed over quality for years now. You’re just now experiencing this? LOL

1pocket73

I know what you are saying but when it affects my personal side business that takes it to a different level.I just wanted to vent about it because it is disgusting!

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
So if it’s happening to someone else’s business it’s just a level below your own personal hustle?

Should think about everyones business it’s happening to.

This is also why insurance exists.

Things get lost. Speed speed speed. There is no such thing as quality. That’s why boxes get destroyed during shipment and items get lost. Also certain individuals take it up a notch and think they deserve more from the company and start stealing.

The only ones who really see it happening are the people who are actually doing it.

We had a state bank send out a $100,000 check one time and it got lost at our center. Months later they opened up the conveyor belt section that tends to eat bags and envelopes. Guess where the check was?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I drive feeder and run a small business on the side.I do a lot of shipping with this business and once in a while I get a customer that needs overnight service.Well, this happened Thursday where the guy really needed this delivered by Saturday afternoon so he could be ready for his trip on Monday.So I told him I'd go back to the shop Thursday night,get his order built and have it shipped on Friday via UPS Saturday Air.

This has been going on for years and it just absolutely disgusts and baffles me how management does NOTHING to improve this!
So if I read correctly...

You work at a company.

You don't like how the company is ran.

You decide to start a side business directly utilizing the company you work for and don't like how it's ran.

You then come to the interwebs to vent about the mean ol email you received.

(Lots of other stuff)

Good luck

Whither

Scofflaw
Things get lost. Speed speed speed. There is no such thing as quality. That’s why boxes get destroyed during shipment and items get lost.

We had a state bank send out a $100,000 check one time and it got lost at our center. Months later they opened up the conveyor belt section that tends to eat bags and envelopes. Guess where the check was?

Bingo. It is shocking that an operation designed to expedite the endless flow of goods and which relies heavily on a revolving staff of underpaid grunts would occasionally misload, damage, or lose packages.

Roller252

Ditto, paid $46 dollars last week at my local UPS store to send NDA paperwork out on a Wednesday for Thursday delivery. Distance from point A to point B about 300 miles in state. The delivery area is well within our ground abilities which would have cost about $10 but I chose NDA for peace of mind. Low and behold...wait for it...wait for it service failure package delayed. Oh and just incase anyone has forgotten all UPS service guarantees were and still are suspended I believe dating back to March of this year so no refunds. Kinda sad not to trust the company I work for with my own business.

charm299

So if it’s happening to someone else’s business it’s just a level below your own personal hustle?

Should think about everyones business it’s happening to.

This is also why insurance exists.

Things get lost. Speed speed speed. There is no such thing as quality. That’s why boxes get destroyed during shipment and items get lost. Also certain individuals take it up a notch and think they deserve more from the company and start stealing.

The only ones who really see it happening are the people who are actually doing it.

I give up , where?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Call 1-800 pick ups

Zowert

Wow, I’m with you there. NDA, especially Saturday Air should never be lost. Unfortunately it happens all the time. We really need to protect our air service any way we can. I always make NDA miss loads a priority, I’ll finish the air on my route and then run it even if it’s 30 minutes out of area. Sadly I’ve had this happen more than it should but usually I find the miss loaded air on my 8000 shelf later in the day.

Customers are paying for premium service and they should get just that. UPS says my package will be here tomorrow by 1030, hopefully it will make it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We ship 10’s of millions of packages per day. It’s gonna happen some.

Shiftless

You work at UPS and you don't have your own UPS account? Why would you stand at a UPS store to pay them to ship your packages when you can do it yourself?

Do UPS employees get a discount at the UPS store now and that is why?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You work at UPS and you don't have your own UPS account? Why would you stand at a UPS store to pay them to ship your packages when you can do it yourself?

My UPS store gives us discounts. But It's still ridiculously expensive to ship something next day without a service guarantee.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We all get discounts now. Even not at the ups store.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

This site isn’t affiliated with UPS

Take your complaints on down the road

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
2F1AD6F4-2906-4A97-A933-F280936032C5.gif

Bless your heart. With the sheer amount of volume we go through idk how you think nothing would ever got lost.