Gas prices, surcharges, commit guarantees

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I shouldn't even take the time to reply to you, mostly because it pains me to agree with Dave.

I used to drop off NDAs to a bank branch I passed by on the way to my route. Those NDAs originated from the main office in the town our center is in, twenty miles away.

I'm sure UPS didn't charter any sort of aircraft to move them. Like every other local pickup/delivery, they sat overnight in the building.

Knucklehead.
Same to you buddy.
Fraud is in the fuel surcharges.
Please show me in the UPS Tariff where they say that they will use an airplane to transport all premium products.

Save yourself the trouble-----it's not in there.
Dont charge me double for jet fuel when it stayed on the ground.

As for you and your brother Cosmo, the supervisor on the 800 number told me that the reason the cost for the FUEL surcharge was higher for next days was because the FUEL for a jet was twice the cost of diesel and gasoline. Verbatim.

If I told someone that I would give them a choice of air freighting a piece of equipment to another city for $500 or I could ship it by semi for $250 and it would get there at the same committed time which one works they choose? Yeah. That's easy. I gave them a choice. I was also honest that it would be delivered at the same committed time.

But if I told them it would go by air and charged them the higher rate for the fuel but knew I was shipping it by truck that's dishonest.

I paid the higher rate for jet fuel, as the supervisor explained to me, and they shipped it by truck.
The difference is, again, in the extra charge they added to my bill but they didnt ship it that way.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Same to you buddy.
Fraud is in the fuel surcharges.

Dont charge me double for jet fuel when it stayed on the ground.

As for you and your brother Cosmo, the supervisor on the 800 number told me that the reason the cost for the FUEL surcharge was higher for next days was because the FUEL for a jet was twice the cost of diesel and gasoline. Verbatim.

If I told someone that I would give them a choice of air freighting a piece of equipment to another city for $500 or I could ship it by semi for $250 and it would get there at the same committed time which one works they choose? Yeah. That's easy. I gave them a choice. I was also honest that it would be delivered at the same committed time.

But if I told them it would go by air and charged them the higher rate for the fuel but knew I was shipping it by truck that's dishonest.

I paid the higher rate for jet fuel, as the supervisor explained to me, and they shipped it by truck.
The difference is, again, in the extra charge they added to my bill but they didnt ship it that way.

Calm down bro you’re wrong on this one

It’s only been like that forever

If you think you’ve got a case see a lawyer could be a huge class action if you can get some ambulance chaser to bite

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Calm down bro you’re wrong on this one

It’s only been like that forever

If you think you’ve got a case see a lawyer could be a huge class action if you can get some ambulance chaser to bite
Screenshot_20200422-193009_Drive.jpg

This was in the internet under a search of class action.
I guess I'm too late.
I'm calm. Just making a point.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
And one filed in 2019. And probably a whole lot more.
One stretched from 2004 and got settled 14-15 years later.
You know how it works.
Delay, delay, delay, pay the bill (finally after the plaintiff has died of old age...kinda like grievances) and then deny culpability after the check is cut.

Yep. Gotta love the judicial system.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It's always been that next air was guaranteed by next day but the disclaimer was it could also be transported by ground
Hey, I'm good with the feeder system. We have the best drivers on the road bro.

Just charge for the appropriate fuel surcharge. One tiny adjustment. That's all I was asking.

rod

Retired 22 years
We used to get 2nd day air stuff out of Minneapolis that took 2 days to get to us. That's real smart. Pay extra and it takes an extra day. People can be so stupid.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We used to get 2nd day air stuff out of Minneapolis that took 2 days to get to us. That's real smart. Pay extra and it takes an extra day. People can be so stupid.
I remember when the company went to "guaranteed ground". They were scared to death that people would quit using the air system to ship their pkgs within the jurisdiction of the guarantee and go with ground instead.
Some churn happened but the air system seems to be pretty strong for the last 25 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I shouldn't even take the time to reply to you, mostly because it pains me to agree with Dave.

I used to drop off NDAs to a bank branch I passed by on the way to my route. Those NDAs originated from the main office in the town our center is in, twenty miles away.

I'm sure UPS didn't charter any sort of aircraft to move them. Like every other local pickup/delivery, they sat overnight in the building.

Knucklehead.

You have been around long enough to remember when UPS used to hold 2DA at the air hubs to make sure that they were not delivered early. Now they just push everything through.

Our center had an area at the end of the belt where NDA's that were picked up and were going to be delivered by our center were kept. They then ran then down the belt when they ran the air. Full revenue with zero extra processing.

Nowhere in the Tariff does it specify mode of transport.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
How in the world would Worldship know to charge the appropriate surcharge?
Whoa! All of a sudden the light came on here? There's no tracking that follows the transit system in a company that ships trackable packages for a living? No scans in air hubs or cans or feeders or what?
You're always right.
SMH