Gas prices, surcharges, commit guarantees

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whoa! All of a sudden the light came on here? There's no tracking that follows the transit system in a company that ships trackable packages for a living? No scans in air hubs or cans or feeders or what?
You're always right.
SMH

As has been pointed out by several other equally respected members, you are wrong on this one.

UPS provides their shippers with time in transit charts, based on origin zip codes, that let them know how long it should take for their ground shipments to get from Point A to Point B. If the shipper ignores those charts and instead chooses to "upgrade" their shipments, does that mean UPS has to move that package in the most expensive manner possible?

Suppose you had your own mobile delivery service and that you charge $10 for every order that you pickup and deliver. Suppose that you picked up 5 orders from the same restaurant to be delivered to the same apartment complex-----would you waive the $10 fee for all but one of the orders "because you were going there anyway"? No, you would have earned $50 for what amounted to $10 worth of work.

I had one drop box on my former route that was close to the local government center. The social services office was notorious for sending out NDA letters to clients within our local delivery area. There were days that they sent out 25-30 of them. Using your "logic", we should load all of those on to a plane, fly them down to either Albany or Syracuse and then fly them back the following morning to make sure that the shipper got what they paid for.

UPS is not defrauding anyone by using the most efficient mode of transport to uphold their end of the contract that was signed when the shipper hit "Process Shipment" on Worldship. Our only obligation to the shipper is to get their stuff delivered when promised.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I forgot to mention that many of the zip codes in my former center either did not have NDA commit times, which are based on a radius from the building, or if they did they were relaxed, so they were basically paying extra for service that they would have received had they shipped them ground.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I forgot to mention that many of the zip codes in my former center either did not have NDA commit times, which are based on a radius from the building, or if they did they were relaxed, so they were basically paying extra for service that they would have received had they shipped them ground.
The judicial system will have the last say, not "respected members", in whose category, you don't belong.
Post away. You are a legend in your own mind.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
More unrelated fluff as usual.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upload_2020-4-23_8-26-56.jpeg

UpsYours

as this pandemic moves on the company is going back to their way of doing business. Cutting routes ,sending people home and hammering the guys and gals that work that day. sad

UpsYours

as this pandemic moves on the company is going back to their way of doing business. Cutting routes ,sending people home and hammering the guys and gals that work that day. sad