Gee Fred, I Haven't Heard UPS Complain So What's Your Problem

there has been nothing recently about fedex and international news. all Ive been hearing is ups and dhl, TNT, and exel..etc, etc. whats wrong, has fred maxed out the corporate credit card. just wait until fedex ground become real employees, that should put the final nail in the coffin.

wkmac

afups said:
Is it true that DHL is about to buy FedEx?

Just like UPS is gonna buy Microsoft! Believe it or not I saw that rumor get played on the stock sites around the time UPS went public. FedEx has made some international news of late about Asian expanding of operations. Don't discount FredEx at all.

G

Get a life.

Listen everyone! Try working for over 15 years at a job with no insurance and not benefits for your family. It's not always greener on the other side. GET A GRIP and enjoy working for a company who puts food on your table. Try driving trucks in 90 degree Florida weather with no a/c like ups drivers. The ups drivers are so used to it - they look so overworked and worn out. Be thankful for what you have and stop complaining. The economy is so bad right now, people are loosing their homes and your complaining - get a life.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Quit defending Smith. He's as slick as diesel fuel on a wet road and makes Bill Clinton look like Honest Abe in terms of credibility. He's got a pocketful of politicians bought and paid for out of your pocket. Too bad you're too damn dumb to figure it out. I guess you like getting it in the rear from Uncle Fred. I don't.

B

bbsam

wow, mrfedex, good to see you standing up to fred and posting on this website that I'm sure he knows nothing about. that takes a real strong constitution. tired of taking it in the rear, but not tired of the money. by the way, have you ever offered to hire one of those poor ground guys away to save them from that horrible hell?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe Fred doesn't know about this site, but I can assure you that his minions do, and if it had the same level of participation as the UPS side, he would definitely know about it. Since you obviously know nothing about the Express side, let me educate you.

"Standing-up" to FedEx publicly gets you fired, plain and simple. If there were a union it would be different, but there isn't, so being underground is the only way...for now. Any sort of disagreement with the company line places a target directly on your back, and management will actively work on harassing you right out the door. I've had lots of friends who "stood up" suddenly start getting drug-tested monthly on supposedly "random" tests. Others were followed on the road by managers looking for any little technicality that could lead to a letter in the employee's file. Some have been intentionally provoked by management by having their routes suddenly expanded or changed. And those would actively stood-up during the abortive Teamster drive back in 1996 are mostly long gone...chased right out the door or successfuly set-up to be fired. And if they want you gone, it will be arranged.

Stop commenting on that which you obviously know nothing about...the Express side. And keep on supporting Smith...see what it eventually gets you. Ever think about where you'll be if all of the court cases go against Smith? He'll drop you like a hot rock if need be, and you'll be left holding the bag. Think about it...

B

bbsam

after reading my previous post, i don;t know that i commented on express which i have admitted in the past that i don't know anything about. and i smith "drops" us, maybe i'll come and work at express...maybe take a disgruntled management personel's position. i don't really know what i'd do but i've had to start over before, i could probably do it again perhaps in the future you can refrain from commenting on the ground side since you obviously know nothing about it.

B

bbsam

just out or curiosity, have you ever considered that express might be the side that gets sold out? why, if fred succeeds against the lawsuits and the contractor model is upheld, would there not be a push to use contractors in express? maybe you've already begun to see that push if ground is already starting to pull freight trailers. and if i am sold out, then i am happy that my business is incorporated and let the corporation take the hit and not me and my family. see, there is smart business and there is dumb business. and weak is not starting over, it is hating where you are but too frightened to start over. that's more than weak, that's pathetic.

S

SAD!

Fred should fold-up. He's obviously a beaten man.

You're so sad with that statement. Fred is not a beaten man! He's done so much with the company from the start (for example - feed you). If only you can do the same. You need to get to realty of things. Would you rather be flipping burgers for a living?

drewed

Shankman
You're so sad with that statement. Fred is not a beaten man! He's done so much with the company from the start (for example - feed you). If only you can do the same. You need to get to realty of things. Would you rather be flipping burgers for a living?
at this point why dont you just join bc!!! dhl will falter in the US in the coming months UPS will pick up the volume. Fredex will see his clunky business model wont work in this economy and only his basic tried and true service will stand....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sorry bbsam, but Ground is not set-up to handle the Express side of the business, so it's highly doubtful your scenario would happen. Smith will bleed-off as much Express volume as he can to Ground, but the whole operation would be very problematic. The air side is very different. What's more likely is a conversion of existing Ground contractors to employees when Smith loses all of those lawsuits. You, and your sub-contracted drivers will be offered some crappy buyout for your routes and vehicles and then given employee status if you so choose. You'll get the same crummy benefit package the rest of the FedEx companies receive, and the same low wages.
Fred will eventually lose, so you might do well to consider your options. As far as doing something else, I've already got the ball rolling. There really aren't very many reasons to stay with FedEx any more.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
By the way bbsam, you wouldn't be able to get hired on the Express side given your past history of substance abuse, nor would many of the other folks who work for Ground. No arrests, no felonies, nothing drug or alcohol-related is ever forgiven or overlooked.The standards to work for Ground are way lower than on the Express side, probably due to the higher value of the pkgs, and the many drug shipments. I routinely deliver methadone to clinics, as do many other Express couriers. As a current employee, I could be fired for just being arrested, no matter what the charge, at the discretion of FedEx.

F

FEDEX ALL THE WAY!

I'm very sad to read all your posts and sorry for these words, but I must say this - you are all a bunch of loosers. You should all be very thankful you have a job in this economy. There are hard working people out there who have lost their jobs and can't find work. After reading your posts you sound like your a bunch of greedy employees. Can't you all say thanks to Fred for even paying you. So, please get a grip on life...you have no idea what it's like outside FedEx. Of course, if your so unhappy at FedEx - GET OUT!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm very sad to read all your posts and sorry for these words, but I must say this - you are all a bunch of loosers. You should all be very thankful you have a job in this economy. There are hard working people out there who have lost their jobs and can't find work. After reading your posts you sound like your a bunch of greedy employees. Can't you all say thanks to Fred for even paying you. So, please get a grip on life...you have no idea what it's like outside FedEx. Of course, if your so unhappy at FedEx - GET OUT!

No, the sheep stay at FedEx. I'm already planning my exit, and if your IQ were a bit higher, you'd be doing the same.