Generation Snowflake Not Drinking Beer?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Derail on a news story?

A quote from the article...
"Apparently, younger generations aren’t drinking as much beer as they used to. The data shows they now prefer wine and spirits instead."

rickyb

but pot sales are up in denver
could be because you cant get hungover from pot, and since millenials have record student debt of 30,000 and the economy is a low wage :censored2: show, they have to be prepared to work 7 days a week.

so being hungover on beer makes it more difficult.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
could be because you cant get hungover from pot, and since millenials have record student debt of 30,000 and the economy is a low wage :censored2: show, they have to be prepared to work 7 days a week.

Many college age kids on my route don't work, never have. Mommy and Daddy pay for everything.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You ain't smokin' nuff boy!
One can definitely have a hangover of sorts if you overdose on cannabis.

rickyb

You ain't smokin' nuff boy!
One can definitely have a hangover of sorts if you overdose on cannabis.
i had a wolf of wall street moment the other night and went straight to drool phase crawling on my hands and knees and i was fine the next day. i threw up from a combination of too much weed, little bit of sun stroke, and 2 or whatever beers, and i was fine the next day.

rickyb

My parents were so mean, making me work for everything!
the economy has also deteriorated since you entered the workforce.

and like i was saying, the tuition system in america is out of control and amounts to debt peonage. i mean how does it work when you join the military to shoot at people around the world? they pay you, do they give you free housing and education? seems strange.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Many college age kids on my route don't work, never have. Mommy and Daddy pay for everything.
we see a lot of that . parents are even buying their kids houses here so they don't have to live with them. guy across street is like that. he works a minimum wage job, age 30, and has 3 other 20 or 30 somethings live with him and they are all ski bums.

moreluck

golden ticket member
we see a lot of that . parents are even buying their kids houses here so they don't have to live with them. guy across street is like that. he works a minimum wage job, age 30, and has 3 other 20 or 30 somethings live with him and they are all ski bums.
how do they afford skiing??? Or are they just apres' ski gigolos?

rickyb

the problem is wall street and the military industrial complex which are the 2 major drains on the government.

and the fact that america hasnt been protesting since hte 1970s.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
how do they afford skiing??? Or are they just apres' ski gigolos?
i don't know. the boys mother and father come to visit once in awhile and must make a cash infusion. while they are here they do some landscaping, trucks arrive with new furniture and appliances and days after they leave , there are parties .

we live in a resort town and about 40% of the homes are vacation homes.

enablers.

rickyb

i don't know. the boys mother and father come to visit once in awhile and must make a cash infusion. while they are here they do some landscaping, trucks arrive with new furniture and appliances and days after they leave , there are parties .

enablers.
maybe they are just rich and dont want their kids to participate in an unjust economic system.

or maybe they recognize the real threat of nuclear war and want their kids to live it up before we destroy ourselves.

rod

Retired 22 years

enablers.

Usually its the Mothers who cave into the kids wanting money (my wife has been guilty of it a coupe of times). Dads for the most part would be fine letting the kids get a "real" taste of life. No one wants to see their kids starve but sometimes the best thing you can do for your kid is let them survive on their own. I believe a lot of these guys still working into their late 60's and 70's are doing it to help support their mooching kids who are usually in their 30's and 40's and have never been forced to get a life. JMO I can honestly say I never got one cent from my parents other than a small allowance when growing up. I did give them money to buy a refrigerator when they were strapped for cash when I was in the Army.