Generation Snowflake Not Drinking Beer?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
maybe they are just rich and dont want their kids to participate in an unjust economic system.

or maybe they recognize the real threat of nuclear war and want their kids to live it up before we destroy ourselves.
did you feel the bern when sanders lost?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sanders vote against single payer healthcare just recently ,but told an interviewer that his staff is putting the final touches on his bill for single payer healthcare .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He voted no against an amendment just last week during the skinny healthcare debate for single payer .

So if a R suggests SP then it's no good ?

rod

Retired 22 years
My family was so poor we never got an allowance .

We must have been rich then. My allowance broke down something like this:

3rd & 4th grade---25 cents a week--also had a paper route
5th and 6th--------50 cents a week--also worked at a mink ranch
7th -----------------75 cents a week--also started working for my Dad at his
shop
After that I was on my own for an income (but the chores didn't stop).

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We must have been rich then. My allowance broke down something like this:

3rd & 4th grade---25 cents a week--also had a paper route
5th and 6th--------50 cents a week--also worked at a mink ranch
7th -----------------75 cents a week--also started working for my Dad at his
shop
After that I was on my own for an income (but the chores didn't stop).
We rarely got allowance because my dad always had a problem keeping jobs. He made a big mistake one summer, yuge. He told the 6 of us he'd pay us for every book we read. I cleaned up that summer! I was in the fourth or fifth grade. Made at least $40. I was rich! My siblings, not so much. Lol.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we never got an allowance. I started babysitting at 12 and also cleaned houses. then i helped my neighbor at her business all thru high school.

when i went to college , worked nights and paid for it myself at a state community college.

we were taught to pay our own way and never thought anything negative about it. just thought that was the way things were done.

did the same thing with our kids. they are all doing fine .

my Dad always used to say " if you want anything in this world , you have to work for it."

the funny thing is, my parents were always generous with charities. the girl and boy scouts, st. judes, shriners , and local food banks and homeless shelters. They always believed in a giving a hand up and not a hand out.

we all do the same.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
we never got an allowance. I started babysitting at 12 and also cleaned houses. then i helped my neighbor at her business all thru high school.

when i went to college , worked nights and paid for it myself at a state community college.

we were taught to pay our own way and never thought anything negative about it. just thought that was the way things were done.

my Dad always used to say " if you want anything in this world , you have to work for it."

the funny thing is, my parents were always generous with charities. the girl and boy scouts, st. judes, shriners , and local food banks and homeless shelters. They always believed in a giving a hand up and not a hand out.

we all do the same.

How'd you work a stripper career into all that

Beer sucks anyway.
3HAYjfvk1eDpjRBERXO.gif

Indecisi0n

we all do the same.
I have something I'm willing to share with you.

watdaflock?

Imagine that, an article about beer sales being down from a state where pot is legal. It has to do with location. Read an Ohio newspaper and you'll come across an article how microbreweries are big business.

Last edited: