Generation Snowflake Not Drinking Beer?

rickyb

No it doesn't. People had less than today.
no way. we are decades into the era of privatizing everything. and wages havent risen since 73 adjust for inflation.

i went to my local semi cooperative bank, and on the screens theres a bunch of young people in the back ground with the hashtag "hang in there". this is because property is unaffordable, tuition is $30,000 after 4 year graduation, rents are sky high, and wages are also flat since 1989 in canada.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
your saying in terms of how much more affordable it was
Oh yea, big time. I think student loans allowed college's to raise tuition unchecked.

Check out Penn's historical cost of college page, for example . They and many others, list it. Then, convert that number into todays dollars. It is shocking.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
no way. we are decades into the era of privatizing everything. and wages havent risen since 73 adjust for inflation.

i went to my local semi cooperative bank, and on the screens theres a bunch of young people in the back ground with the hashtag "hang in there". this is because property is unaffordable, tuition is $30,000 after 4 year graduation, rents are sky high, and wages are also flat since 1989 in canada.
People had less. My parents had one phone, one TV. My grandparents had one car, no dryer.

rickyb

Oh yea, big time. I think student loans allowed college's to raise tuition unchecked.

Check out Penn's historical cost of college page, for example . They and many others, list it. Then, convert that number into todays dollars. It is shocking.
absolutley. student loans im sure has the same effect as mortgage loans which is they drive up prices. great if your a bank, bad if your trying to be a free person.

and of course the government cut funds to education...i think they used to pay 80% of the cost, and now its down to 50%.

where im from things are so bad that we have an organization which in part compares how much more expensive everything is for this generation compared to the last.

P

pickup

i had a wolf of wall street moment the other night and went straight to drool phase crawling on my hands and knees and i was fine the next day. i threw up from a combination of too much weed, little bit of sun stroke, and 2 or whatever beers, and i was fine the next day.

Wolf of Wall Street moment , just without the money.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
drink more beer.
Gross.

Wow, you must have some hurt feelz. You make ignorant statements like, "beer sucks" and now put it on par with "ass crack sweat" Do you have something else to share with us? Personally, I have no experience with sucking and comparing beer to ass crack sweat.

Thanks.

To say "beer sucks" is stupid. Drink a "Youngs Double Chocolate Stout" then drink a "Natural Light Ice" afterwards and tell me how they are the same.
Hurt feelz? Over what? Ignorant? I've tasted it, even the so-called "good stuff", but I'm not entitled to my own opinion? I think it sucks. Taste is subjective. Overpriced swill, like pretty much every alcoholic drink that isn't diluted beyond recognition and upcharged 800%. But I guess if it makes you look like one of the boys, go ahead and knock yourself out.

rickyb

Gross.

Hurt feelz? Over what? Ignorant? I've tasted it, even the so-called "good stuff", but I'm not entitled to my own opinion? I think it sucks. Taste is subjective. Overpriced swill, like pretty much every alcoholic drink that isn't diluted beyond recognition and upcharged 800%. But I guess if it makes you look like one of the boys, go ahead and knock yourself out.
how much have you drank?

if you only tried it a few times then its gonna taste bad.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
but im guessing wages were higher, debt was less, and alot of things were more affordable...maybe not tvs lol
today's average family has way more purchasing power even adjusted for inflation

maybe they should have had more with all our progress, but they are certainly better off now

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
People had less. My parents had one phone, one TV. My grandparents had one car, no dryer.
upload_2017-8-2_7-5-10.jpeg

I just got a new washing machine. My wife doesn't know how to use it though.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
how much have you drank?

if you only tried it a few times then its gonna taste bad.
If something needs you to acquire a taste for it to like it, it can't be that good. I know I like to say I've "acquired" tastes for different things over the years like music styles and things of that nature, but when we're literally talking about taste, that's completely different.

rickyb

If something needs you to acquire a taste for it to like it, it can't be that good. I know I like to say I've "acquired" tastes for different things over the years like music styles and things of that nature, but when we're literally talking about taste, that's completely different.
so now you know why it tastes bad because you havent drank enough of it.

beer is my fav drink, but i hated it when i started.