"Get Smart" is a must see

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just wanted to let everyone know that if they are looking for something to do this weekend that they should go see the new "Get Smart" movie, which stars Steve Carrell from the Office. It is really funny and plays well off of the original TV show which myself and some of the other old timers watched when we were children. It's OK for the older kids but not for those under 8 or 9. Seriously, it was really funny and I highly recommend it.

over9five

Staff member
My son saw it at the drive-in the other night and thought it was quite funny.
After reading Upstates post, I said to my son, "Yeah, but you've never seen the tv series, have you?"
His answer? "I didn't know there was a tv series"!

I can't wait to see it! Did they have the Cone of Silence??? Is Agent 44 still hiding in mailboxes???

Were there any cameos by past tv series actors?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't want to spoil it for you but, yes, the Cone of Silence still exists and Agent 44 still hides (this time in a tree) but, no, I don't recall seeing anyone from the series in the movie. Very, very funny movie.

JustTired

free at last.......
Bernie Koppell was in it. He was the doctor on love boat. He played a chaos spy in the original.

Hey Upstate (chief)......"you thinking what I'm thinking?" ............that was the funniest part of the movie for me!!

beentheredonethat

Thanks, When I heard it was going to be coming out I was really looking forward to it. I didn't see Get Smart when it originally came out, but I loved it watching it on reruns on Nick at Nite. Would you believe I've seen every episode 500 times? No... How about 50?

Big Babooba

I had a guy on an old route of mine who had a Sunbeam Tiger. It was a nice little car. He offered to give me a ride in it but we couldn't find a shoehorn.