Getting a suspension letter for misloads?

Southwestern

I'm still a bit new here and I want to know my rights. So if i get the day off, when I get back, can I grieve and get paid for that day off?

A suspension's serious. You can look at it as a day off, but it's still serious. Even if it's a working suspension.

No, you can't file and get paid for time served as a suspension.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
DO NOT serve the suspension of your own free will!!!!!!!!!! grieve it! Get your Steward,or call your Local and FILE! if you have already been suspended ,then file for back pay!

parecasa

When I was a preloader they gave me all kinds of discipline over misloads but my B/A said unless they could prove I was the only one in the car my entire shift the company could not prove I misloaded packages. They tried to keep people off my cars but I always needed help with over 70s. They finally just gave up and went on to someone else. They will try to INTIMIDATE you because that is their only tactic.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
A warning letter for a misload? Ive never had one of those but have received a warning letter for NDA FIL. Infact, I received one last week and was informed of a pending 1 day suspension. I asked if it could be used during one of my upcoming pre-planned days off or a Sat or Sun but was told no. I told them Mon or Fri would be best for me. Again no. It hurts them in the long run. Whether it be a sup or unloader loading for me that day, stuff will be put in the wrong places or wrong streets will be loaded. Drivers will have misloads and nothing will be said... I just tell them I didnt do it on purpose and say "you could always put me back in the unload".

menotyou

bella amicizia
That was always my defense and got every threat taken away. Do you have video of me placing that package in the car? Well, you are resonsible for it. No, the preload sup is. I am not. Again, where's is the proof? Always in the form of a grievance rebuttal. Always. My record is clean.

Scratchy

Oh yea, such bull. I dont like getting help myself, usally they slow me down, get in the way and such. I can see where drivers complain about helpers at the end of the year. One driver told me " its more like driver hinderance, then helping ".

I love those three guys down at the end, always talking with each other. Clean cages all night too. I bust my butt all night, and always have stuff in cages. Yet its always me who is first pick to go do eregs. Dont worry kids, they pay for it later, lulz.

Can someone explain to me the part about working with/in cages? I'm sure you're might be in a more modern building than mine. Just curious.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Misloads are the sorters fault. If the package wasn't picked off and sent to the recycle than it shouldn't be the loaders problem. You won't get suspended. Maybe moved to the unload which ya isn't that bad, but even a caveman can do it. <----------- Coincidental Geico plug
​Misloads are not always the sorters fault nor are they always the preloaders fault. Sometimes they are the scanners fault.