Getting married as a preloader/ cover driver

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you are planning on going driving, make sure she is cool with it. The long, exhausting hours can put a major strain on a marriage as well as not knowing when you are going to be done for the day. It takes a special person to be a UPS spouse. Best of luck to you and your fiancee.
Your absolutely right Joepa, and be sure of it too before they have any kids also. This job can be evil to a family.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Separate finances a bad :censored2:ing idea.
All depends on the people and scenario, I could say most of us agree on that. Different strokes for different folks. Remember don't be programmed by society to follow societies rules, live and do your life how you want to do it and live it, not somebody elses rules. That's the sign of a mentally strong and confident in themselves person.

I'm just at a point in my relationship where I don't want a lack of money to hold me back any longer, from taking the next step..It does, however, make things a bit more challenging. Were any of you in my situation when you got married, or when you decided to get married? Just curious is all, seeking some advice. Thanks.
Marry a woman who wants to work lights up a room when she enters likes sex & sports wants children if you want children and gets you. I got three out of the six and I'm pretty happy. Remember this you seem young so don't be afraid to wait. If she the real deal go for it but if there's any doubt do your homework. Marriage is hard and you have to eat crap sometimes. If you think this is for you do it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
More like 30 dude, get all your screwing up and around out of ya before ya get married lol.
Im a be honest, no way I could have got married before 30. I can remember being like 27, banging on these 3 chicks all at the same time( not at once) for a few months, and one of them was my wife now lmfao. She knew it too( of the 2 not 3 lmfao) and she finally put her foot down, and honestly that was the best thing she could have done lol. But dude it was fun as hell while it lasted, the kid had a great run lmfao.

Im a be honest, no way I could have got married before 30. I can remember being like 27, banging on these 3 chicks all at the same time( not at once) for a few months, and one of them was my wife now lmfao. She knew it too( of the 2 not 3 lmfao) and she finally put her foot down, and honestly that was the best thing she could have done lol. But dude it was fun as hell while it lasted, the kid had a great run lmfao.
How much are you getting now? Lol

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My wife and I quit our jobs, got married, and moved away. Started with nothing. You'll never have enough money to get married, never enough to have kids, never enough to retire. Just have to pull the trigger.

herbigharo32

If you don't make much money and have no children, best to keep finances separate and split monthly expenses. If one makes much less money than the other, understand the one making a lot more will likely pay a higher percentage of housing expenses. For example, if rent, utilities, and upkeep comes to $1200.00, the higher earner pays $800.00. When I had a live in girlfriend, she just chipped in $450.00 and 50% groceries. Every thing else, finances were separate.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you don't make much money and have no children, best to keep finances separate and split monthly expenses. If one makes much less money than the other, understand the one making a lot more will likely pay a higher percentage of housing expenses. For example, if rent, utilities, and upkeep comes to $1200.00, the higher earner pays $800.00. When I had a live in girlfriend, she just chipped in $450.00 and 50% groceries. Every thing else, finances were separate.

Splitting finances with a girl friend is one thing but when you marry you become one and separating finances will only cause problems. If you are in doubt about combining all incomes and expenses you probably shouldn't be getting married in the first place.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My wife and I pool our money. I keep a couple of hundred from my pay check and the rest goes into our joint account. I don't know if that's the right way to go but it has worked for us for 23 years.

upschuck

We give ourselves some money that we use for whatever we want, and the rest goes into a joint account. That money is used or saved for our wants, and whatever is spent on, the other can't complain. I the saver, the wife is the spender, so I have a good amount that I haven't spent, an she usually runs on empty before the month is over.