Getting STARV in Jan. any good news from the early adopters?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by every.delivery, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Getting STARV in Jan. any good news from the early adopters?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Star B

Star B White Lightening

wha?

3. Paswingcourier

Paswingcourier New Member

What is that?

4. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

They’re the new scanners. Cell phone style. If they function like the preload’s they’re going to suck. All touch screen, can’t type by feel or with gloves on.

5. Paswingcourier

Paswingcourier New Member

I have seen the ground drivers I come across using them and seem to like them. I’m interested to see how well they will work

6. Oldfart

Oldfart Well-Known Member

Leo is Express version. We have been testing them for several months.

7. cosis

cosis Member

PP's are dinosaurs - can't wait for an upgrade

8. Star B

Star B White Lightening

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I like the physical pp design. I feel it just needs an internal gut refresh and we would be good. LTE radio, more memory, faster processor and a little bit of a larger screen. I want the physical keyboard so I can feel what I'm doing without having to stare at the screen. I'd also like more keyboard shortcuts ala UPS orange-button.

9. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I don't know if we're using the same design of powerpad but our keyboard is a joke. It was as if they designed it for a 5 year old.

I no longer waste time backspacing when my thumbs press 2 or 3 buttons at once and screw up when typing in a customer name. What I type is what you get.

10. Code 82 Approved

Code 82 Approved Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!

I hand sheet and stick vision stickers all over it, trust me... it works.

11. heard Star V is getting on board routing software, connected later with route planning software? Is X spending money?! very interested if tru. I heard that there were pilots at some of the HUB's testing. would like to hear if anyone is involved in testing now.

12. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Their route planning software is available now. Spoiler, it sucks. It’s clunky, slow and doesn’t produce anything resembling a rational route. I didn’t mess with it too much because the initial results were garbage, so I guess it might be helpful if you put a lot of time into it.

13. Star B

Star B White Lightening

Oh, so they ported ROADS over to ground? man, they are trying to milk that cow for what its worth...

14. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

STARV... am I still the only one that thinks FDX is poking fun at Ground with an acronym that sounds like Starve...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  15. Exec32

Exec32 Active Member

As a contractor I use my own software and equipment. I'm sure CONTRACTORS here do too, right?
    This is a problem, but most of you dont get it.