Gibson Guitar raids! Oh no, dont blame OBAMA!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ok, tos
Where were the criminal charges against Gibson filed ? what courthouse ? Who was taken away in handcuffs ?
Seems that all they took were some files and all different types of materials.
Why didn't they arrest the receiver who signed for said illegal products ?
Some body's name must be on the paperwork.
And when Gibson closes all of their factories and moves them out of the USA , a loss of thousands of jobs, who will have to take the blame ?
I wish for an open trial and soon, I want to see just what their case REALLY looks like in front of a judge. I can see it now the gov't lawyer asking for more and more extensions ( delays ) saying that they need more time to compile their facts.

Thats why its called an investigation BABA.. Gibsons position is that "they" didnt know the wood was mislabled and are claiming that the fault lies on everyone else but them. Until its all sorted out, you wont hear of charges until then.

The wood was confiscated and future shipments intercepted.

There will be an end game, just not this week. For now, the republicans want to make this a political football.

It isnt. They broke the law.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Seems like all this raid crap will accomplish is that every guitar player in the music industry will NOT vote for Obama in 2012. Silver lining!!

Ya moreluck,

thats how common sense works, lets see, gibson imports illegal wood and falsifies records to make their products that I use on stage, they get caught, someone gets prosecuted, and... oh yeah, I better not vote for Obama.

Ya, thats reality.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You keep forgetting ALL guitar companies import that wood.......only one is being singled out. You don't get it. You have tunnel vision on Gibson and nothing else.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You keep forgetting ALL guitar companies import that wood.......only one is being singled out. You don't get it. You have tunnel vision on Gibson and nothing else.

You keep saying that, but its not true. You keep saying rosewood, but thats not true.

First, lets be clear. The wood in question is NOT ROSEWOOD, are you clear on that? Its called SAWN EBONY WOOD. Its a protected endangered wood in India. Also protected by India laws.

Gibson appears to have tried to circumvent both India and USA laws by finding a supplier to falsify records and mis label the wood in order to get it into the USA. Thats the issue. Thats the facts.

No other guitar company is in this mess because they havent done the same thing.

Now you have the facts. Dispute them if you will, but provide the facts to back it up.

Peace

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rosewood is banned.............

"If you are the lucky owner of a 1920s Martin guitar, it may well be made, in part, of Brazilian rosewood. Cross an international border with an instrument made of that now-restricted wood, and you better have correct and complete documentation proving the age of the instrument. Otherwise, you could lose it to a zealous customs agent — not to mention face fines and prosecution. "…

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-...ibson-guitar-to-save-endangered-foreign-trees

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thats what the justice department is suppose to do moreluck.. Enforce laws of our land, and enforce agreements with other countries in enforcing their laws. Also, dont be silly, the feds are not about to go around confiscating guitars from musicians. You made me laugh though.

Peace.

Thats what the justice department is suppose to do moreluck.. Enforce laws of our land, and enforce agreements with other countries in enforcing their laws. Also, dont be silly, the feds are not about to go around confiscating guitars from musicians. You made me laugh though.

Peace.
Unless that musician is re-entering the USA from any foreign country and customs decides to inspect their guitar. and who is customs highest boss? Yep, the president.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Thats why its called an investigation BABA.. Gibsons position is that "they" didnt know the wood was mislabled and are claiming that the fault lies on everyone else but them. Until its all sorted out, you wont hear of charges until then.

The wood was confiscated and future shipments intercepted.

There will be an end game, just not this week. For now, the republicans want to make this a political football.

It isnt. They broke the law.

Peace.

The first raid was in 2009.
The second raid was in 2011.
In both raids materials and records were taken. And still no charges filed.
That is called stone walling, or properly known as fishing .
They will keep raiding until by magic someone or something finds a smoking gun.
Gibson has every right to demand the return of items taken from them, unlawfully.
Yes unlawfully because no charges were filed by the gov't , and I hope they demand payment for loss of use of their materials and loss of their company's good name.
Don't worry your pal bhos will just tell the US Treasury to print out so more useless money to pay for this mess.

you say they broke the law, how are you feeling about a president and his doj that chooses which laws they will enforce; black panthers carrying clubs outside a polling place ( the doj won that case, but decided to drop it ), claiming the usa was supplying high powered weapons to mexico that turnout to be false, so they allowed 2000+ weapons, which us citizens correctly reported as bogus sales , to easily flow into another country, thus increasing the number of deaths by criminals, or being selective on which current laws they feel like supporting .

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe Obama may not ever have a guitar player in the White House again....they may all boycott him. Good luck with all those bongo players!!

satellitedriver

Nice try but no cigar.Cuban cigars are banned and smoking is bad for you, both are banned by our government. Follow the party line. This law that Gibson violated was written and passed in 1900.Also the law in 1900, did not give woman the right to vote. Native Americans could not vote-( Hell, Indians in Utah did not get the right to vote until 1958.)-Using archaic 110yr old to support your argument is weak. IT was amended by the bush administration to include wood products-(Yet, your master can dictate what wood can be exported to our enemies.)- and Gibson was warned at that time. That fact that they are caught now does not make it obamas problem.-(The problem is that MR. B's administration is more concerned with improving the lives of communists than protecting jobs of the people that make the guitars,"Made in America."
Yes, this is one of many Obama's problems in leadership.)-

Trading with Cuba is going to be the policy of the United States as Cuba is making strides to changes it ways.( Name one stride, besides waiting for Fidel to die.)Change has to start somewhere Sat, and the poles being sold are not ENDANGERED SPECIES of WOOD like Gibson is trying to smuggle in the USA.
The Jackwads cutting the "endangered species" in third world countries to survive, is the problem.
Most of this precious "endangered wood" is burned during clear cutting, if there is not a buck in it to sell it.

Better get with moreluck in the AM and crunch the morning foxed news report for your next thoughts for the day.
First off, Slick.
You misjudge me.

In the morning I listen to NPR, and then on XM on the way to work,I listen to the left-wing station.
In the evening commute home I listen to Micheal Savage and Mark Levine.
Rarely do I listen to the Fox Channel.
Unlike you, I research information from both side of the debate.
Might I suggest that you study-(not just read)- the works of Sun Tzu.

peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"They broke the law."
just for you tos, I have posted in other threads two examples of others breaking the law some federal , some state laws that the criminals have not only been allowed to skip any penalties but also be rewarded just because they happen to be relatives of bhos.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Gee, illegal rosewood was mentioned in this article....must be by someone else who doesn't 'get it'............

http://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/2011/09/12/gibson_guitars/page/full/

Why do you continue to post slanted Opinion pieces from Town Hall? Hardly a source for factual information, and a right wings dream for stupidity. There is nothing contained in the article that is useful to the debate, just another slam on Obama. Obama didnt break the law, GIBSON did. They knew they were breaking two countries laws and did it anyway.

How this translates into an Obama problem is silly. The right wing goes for the diversion tactic by claiming that Obama personally went after them because they contribute to republicans.

Is this the best Town Hall has to offer? Maybe I should start posting articles from Mother Jones?

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why do you continue to post slanted Opinion pieces from Town Hall? Hardly a source for factual information, and a right wings dream for stupidity. There is nothing contained in the article that is useful to the debate, just another slam on Obama. Obama didnt break the law, GIBSON did. They knew they were breaking two countries laws and did it anyway.

How this translates into an Obama problem is silly. The right wing goes for the diversion tactic by claiming that Obama personally went after them because they contribute to republicans.

Is this the best Town Hall has to offer? Maybe I should start posting articles from Mother Jones?

Peace.
Where I get my stories is my choice. You can get your stories from your choice of sites. The sites I choose usually have articles that I happen to agree with. No one twists your arm to read them. Why do you torture yourself so?

klein

Für Meno :)
So, that's the Rightwing policy ?

Refuse to export wood, and kill hundreds of American jobs, but rather import banned woods.
No wonder the huge trade deficit since 20 years and still growing.

Besides, wouldn't it be good just to sell to Cuba and not export anything from them ?
What is that trade embargo good for anyways ?
Cuba is no threat to anyone.
Unlike the big trading partners of America, such as China, Libya (Ghaddafi), Venuzela, and even Pakistan, just a few to mention.

I can't care less, hope the republicans strike down the deal to sell wood to Cuba, means more for us to sell to them !
The whole world trades with Cuba, they seem to get along very well without US imports and exports.
Because, by far, they are probably doing the best from all Carribean countries.
Sure better then Haiti or Jamica and the likes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, that's the Rightwing policy ?

Refuse to export wood, and kill hundreds of American jobs, but rather import banned woods.
No wonder the huge trade deficit since 20 years and still growing.

Besides, wouldn't it be good just to sell to Cuba and not export anything from them ?
What is that trade embargo good for anyways ?
Cuba is no threat to anyone.
Unlike the big trading partners of America, such as China, Libya (Ghaddafi), Venuzela, and even Pakistan, just a few to mention.

I can't care less, hope the republicans strike down the deal to sell wood to Cuba, means more for us to sell to them !
The whole world trades with Cuba, they seem to get along very well without US imports and exports.
Because, by far, they are probably doing the best from all Carribean countries.
Sure better then Haiti or Jamica and the likes.
Nobody knows WTF you are talking about....it's India that's the subject of this Gibson thing.

klein

Für Meno :)
Moreluck, for you to understand what TOS is trying to tell you, I'll explain it this way :

I'll start importing and killing American Bald Eagles (marked as chickens on the import declaration form), and put them in my hotdog meat.
If I do get caught, then I hope to find a whole group of Morelucks, that will stand up, and say, why just go after him(me), there are many more hotdog vendors out there !

moreluck

golden ticket member
All I read was Cuba, Cuba..........no one was talking Cuba......'cept you of course.
Your bald eagle example doesn't take into account jobs taken away from Americans and given to Indians.
It's all about jobs......you know, those things that Obama has no clue about? It's about picking on an American company and perhaps because it is owned by a Republican.
It's all very suspicious to me & others.

As for your bald eagle hot dog:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:..........