Givin Them Your Lunch Hour

browntruckracer

JUICED85STANG
down here in southeast florida they just stopped taking the 1hr lunch out of our DIAD. management is so worried about the slower drivers they are walking up to them after the PCM and trying to tell them in a way to put the full hour break in the DIAD wether they take it or not. isnt this typical of UPS management?

over9five

Staff member
Our center manager told us in a PCM, "Put your lunch and breaks in the DIAD. I don't want 1 minute of your time".

Excellent!

Ms.PacMan

We were informed that sometime in the future UPS would no longer take an hour of pay for lunch. We will only lose pay for EXACTLY the time we take for lunch.

What does this mean for the cowboys who sit for 2 hrs waiting for pick-ups to start? If you are a bonus center this is within your right.

How will a permanent 05 affect you? It will lower everyone's SPORH who does not take a lunch presently. It will in lower production bonus for the bonus drivers who skip lunch because drivers will show more time on road without UPS taking out an hour lunch.

Those of you who have been told to record a bathroom break or a chat with a customer under your lunch hour....this PCM is coming.

Let the termination's begin.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Ken is running our center, right into the abyss!! They want us to put in an hour, but since 07/01/07 I've been putting in the actual breaks I take, and on the rport the next morning, I am being credited for working the time I put in the board. So, I guess I'm deciding how long lunch is every day until mgmt comes up with some new rule.

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
At my center, when you are at your last pickup, a message comes up " INPUT YOUR LUNCH". What a crock! Notice that it doesn't say to actually take it. I take my full break and lunch everyday, but I know I am one of the few. I just can't believe these running idiots who give back their personal time and are still treated like toilet tissue.:mad:

At my center, when you are at your last pickup, a message comes up " INPUT YOUR LUNCH". What a crock! Notice that it doesn't say to actually take it. I take my full break and lunch everyday, but I know I am one of the few. I just can't believe these running idiots who give back their personal time and are still treated like toilet tissue.:mad:

Not taking your lunch should be a firable offense. Putting a lunch in your board and not taking one is. (Falsifying records)

over9five

Staff member
"Al said that? I don't believe it for one minute."

He's said it twice now! (If you know him at all, you know he has to reiterate!) I hope the message was clear to all.

hdkappler

they should go ahead and shut diad board down for an hour.ups doesn't realize how much the drivers care about customers.they don't appreate there drivers.when they gave them there lunch.when did your center manager ever say thank you for working your lunch?

In our center, they are giving warning letters to those who fail to record their lunch. I skipped lunch one day last week(a rarity for me) to attend a family function. I was called into the office the next day and told I was gonna get a warning letter because I didn't record my lunch. I responded with" I didn't take it." I was told I had to put it in the DIAD anyway. I told my center manager that I wanted it in writing that he was forcing me to falsify records. He of course, refused and told me that I would be forced to take lunch when I got back to the building if I didn't record it before my return. We are still going around about this and I haven't gotten the warning letter yet. We had a steward get fired a few years ago for putting one lunch time in his DIAD and he was seen at a later time taking lunch.

DS

Fenderbender
down here in southeast florida they just stopped taking the 1hr lunch out of our DIAD. management is so worried about the slower drivers they are walking up to them after the PCM and trying to tell them in a way to put the full hour break in the DIAD wether they take it or not. isnt this typical of UPS management?
When I first started at ups 17 years ago after a month or so of trying to run scratch...no lunch ,I rolled in one night at 18:30 and the on car said
run over and punch out,I`ll park your truck....I ran scratch that day and I was IN! My mom was really sick and I took turns to go visit her every night with my nephew at the hospital.Over the next year and a half I rarely took lunch because visiting time was over at 8:30.I dont hate ups for it because I knew it was a demanding job.When my mom died I became a rebel...and if I didn`t get lunch I either had missed or I got help.I`ve mellowed since, and at times if the going gets rough,I will accept a code 05 to get it done.But never,ever will I work my lunch ever again and not be paid for it.They can do whatever they want with the software but I`m not ever gonna be ripped off again.

If they have fired anybody for that, I have never heard of it.

two guys got fired for prerecording stops before lunch running them during lunch and stop completing them after lunch. It was about 2003 in Washington Dist. They didn't fight it so I don't know if it wudda stuck.