Global warming

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Never been outside to check?
1390119331665.gif

rickyb

Are you worried we'll figure out who you are and where you live?

We don't care, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

For all I know, you are female and you live in Sudan.

We respect your privacy, Ricky Bobby.
i think people know but if your not supposed to say then im gonna do that.

At some point, even climate-disruption skeptics might have to concede that things are warmer now.

Hurricanes: the ocean temps are warmer, so (law of thermodynamics) more water will be pulled up from the oceans and will be dumped on cities.

At what point will the deniers concede that we need to take action?

Forget Al Gore for a moment, forget the dire warnings from insane environmentalists, it's simply correct that the planet is warming.

To dismiss that is to deny reality, and honestly, man-made or not, we need to have some serious discussions about how to address living in a world that's heating up.

Just saying.
Just chill.

rickyb

The Canadian wildfires were much worse.
both governments are rich enough to hire people to get rid of the fires. the only question was it physically impossible? but politics says were not gonna hire people and were gonna let the fires burn.

MAKAVELI

both governments are rich enough to hire people to get rid of the fires. the only question was it physically impossible? but politics says were not gonna hire people and were gonna let the fires burn.
Don't know what the policy is in Canada. But here in the US National Forests they aren't allowed any mechanical equipment in the forests unless life and property are involved. Most fires will have containment lines cut and let it burn. They feel the fires can be beneficial in some areas as well.

rickyb

Don't know what the policy is in Canada. But here in the US National Forests they aren't allowed any mechanical equipment in the forests unless life and property are involved. Most fires will have containment lines cut and let it burn. They feel the fires can be beneficial in some areas as well.
i think i remember something about that banff.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Driving through the Sierra Nevada mountains this summer, at the higher elevations

there was constant smoke from controlled burns. You could see it from the road.

It takes out all the dead, dry, and brittle underbrush. Stops forest fires.