Global warming

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_2105_36.jpg

theres lots of things you dont know.

there are some interesting infographs comparing animal products and how much water or resources it takes to make them.
I know much of what you spew is opposite my experience. For example, the US is not in a housing bubble. Try to get some life experience under your belt.

rickyb

I know much of what you spew is opposite my experience. For example, the US is not in a housing bubble. Try to get some life experience under your belt.
check out max keiser, richard wolf, michael hudson, shiller, dean baker, zerohedge. i just heard this again listening to it at work, part of the problem is the QE has gone into the stock market, housing market, etc. and you did not re regulate the banks. im not sure what else. lending money to buy things drives up the prices, which causes bigger loans and bigger prices , etc. i would guess stagnant real wages has something to do with it.

if your going to invest in housing, you should really be mature enough to look up the people who predicted the previous crisis or may know something about the next one.

the next crisis will be a debt related crisis and stock market.

check out max keiser, richard wolf, michael hudson, shiller, dean baker, zerohedge. i just heard this again listening to it at work, part of the problem is the QE has gone into the stock market, housing market, etc. and you did not re regulate the banks. im not sure what else. lending money to buy things drives up the prices, which causes bigger loans and bigger prices , etc. i would guess stagnant real wages has something to do with it.

if your going to invest in housing, you should really be mature enough to look up the people who predicted the previous crisis or may know something about the next one.

the next crisis will be a debt related crisis and stock market.
DON'T FIGHT THE FED. I don't deserve $200 an hour.

rickyb

between florida and houston hurricanes, and estimate 100 to 200 billion was lost. the governments, if they werent so corrupt, could have built storm prevention systems for a fraction of what was lost.

wonderful system.

between florida and houston hurricanes, and estimate 100 to 200 billion was lost. the governments, if they werent so corrupt, could have built storm prevention systems for a fraction of what was lost.

wonderful system.
I know you can't get anymore specific that that statement. You really should separate the 2 and dissect each one.

rickyb

I know you can't get anymore specific that that statement. You really should separate the 2 and dissect each one.
i got that from listening to richard wolffs monthly economic update, which now that ive mentioned it i will post in my anti capitalism / pro worker cooperative thread

rickyb

Why not dig deep and dissect it? You never go beneath the surface.
your one to talk. you never look up things for yourself. get a variety of perspectives.

you think the economy is good. you think theres not another housing bubble. you must be really clueless if you think the former is true.

your one to talk. you never look up things for yourself. get a variety of perspectives.

you think the economy is good. you think theres not another housing bubble. you must be really clueless if you think the former is true.

If I state an opinion, and somebody asks questions, I will follow though and answer. I always looks stuff up before I ask you questions.

The housing market has heated up. Mind you I only follow Wa,Or,Id,Mt,Nv. But there are still some values. To call it a bubble is a reach. I would bet that if the marked turned from a sellers market to a buyers market you say because the bubble is popping.

I would ask you to specify (like I have in the past) why YOU are saying it's a housing bubble. But I know you will say because Richard or Chris says so.

rickyb

If I state an opinion, and somebody asks questions, I will follow though and answer. I always looks stuff up before I ask you questions.

The housing market has heated up. Mind you I only follow Wa,Or,Id,Mt,Nv. But there are still some values. To call it a bubble is a reach. I would bet that if the marked turned from a sellers market to a buyers market you say because the bubble is popping.

I would ask you to specify (like I have in the past) why YOU are saying it's a housing bubble. But I know you will say because Richard or Chris says so.
i have and i gave u a list of sources to look up in capitalism thread.

Why not dig deep and dissect it? You never go beneath the surface.
Probably because Wolff just glazed over it. Must be true if he says so, right? All dirt has a saturation point. He has no evidence that flood mitigation was never decused, looked into anywhere along the route. Sounds like mitigating flooding along highways would be very profitable. Just more Monday morning quarterbacking.

rickyb

this article was written in april.

Miami’s fight against rising seas

"Ask nearly anyone in the Miami area about flooding and they’ll have an anecdote to share. Many will also tell you that it’s happening more and more frequently. The data backs them up.

One reason is that water levels here are rising especially quickly. The most frequently-used range of estimates puts the likely range between 15-25cm (6-10in) above 1992 levels by 2030, and 79-155cm (31-61in) by 2100.