Gloves

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
A mans hand should be strong, covered with scars and history. The hands should be able to tell stories.

The only thing your telling is I wore gloves to touch cardboard.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
recycle your plastic bottles don't pee in them and throw them away.
You ever see the garbages out by the fuel pumps ....that’s about as Disgusting as you can get.... not to mention all of the plastics and glass....but ups touts itself as a green company..

I've tried dozens of different types of gloves in my 15+ years at UPS. I was a pick-off for 10 years, handling 1000+ packages an hour. Most common rubber dipped fabric gloves would last me a week or less. The best I found were Atlas Fit brand gloves, and they'd last me a month+ most of the year, or 2-3 weeks during peak season.

quamba 638

I use those thin elastic gloves gloves with the thin amount of rubber for grip. I go through about a pair a week. I don’t know about all you guys and gals out there, but I’m conscience of the fact these things are going straight into the landfill after they’ve served their purpose. 1 pair a week multiplied by however many other drivers use them. That’s a metric friend-ton of gloves sitting in a landfill for the rest of time kinda grossed me out. There’s gotta be a way to recycle these things.

I’m not some liberal hippie cursing the maaaan, maaaan. But it freaks me out a little about all that waste. Anyone out there feel the same? Happy B-day ‘Merica!

Calling @Big Arrow Down...D!

Seriously, before UPS, I worked for a tree-trimming company. I wore leather gloves all the time. One of the guys on my crew never wore gloves, because his philosophy was skin grows back and gloves don't.

Years ago a guy I worked with was asked why he didn’t wear gloves. He replied “real men don’t wear gloves”

But he did wear diamond studs. So naturally someone said “real men don’t wear earrings”

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I use those thin elastic gloves gloves with the thin amount of rubber for grip. I go through about a pair a week. I don’t know about all you guys and gals out there, but I’m conscience of the fact these things are going straight into the landfill after they’ve served their purpose. 1 pair a week multiplied by however many other drivers use them. That’s a metric friend-ton of gloves sitting in a landfill for the rest of time kinda grossed me out. There’s gotta be a way to recycle these things.

I’m not some liberal hippie cursing the maaaan, maaaan. But it freaks me out a little about all that waste. Anyone out there feel the same? Happy B-day ‘Merica!
Landfills are great! We need more!

Zowert

recycle your plastic bottles don't pee in them and throw them away.

I dump the urine out and then recycle.

I tried using those fabric Mechanix gloves but they don’t do well with the soft keys on the DIAD. So I just go without gloves, which means I have to wash my hands sixty freaking times a day, the shelves in my package car are so dirty. For a while I didn’t care, until I handed the DIAD to a customer to sign for a package and the look of bewilderment on her face when she saw how filthy my hands were made me feel kinda guilty. I bet she went right inside and washed her hands.

El Correcto

god is dead
What do you think happens to all those stank pairs of underwear with months or years of ball sweat and ass drippings or the whale tail thongs and granny panties with all the menstrual blood and after-sex oozings?

Oh yeah Happy Independence Day!!!
I sell them on the internet to make up for the teamster bending over this contract and selling out my overtime to lower class drivers.

Heavy Package

I’m not some liberal hippie cursing the maaaan, maaaan. But it freaks me out a little about all that waste. Anyone out there feel the same?

The only gloves you will ever need working at UPS...

CSE-EVERLAST-BG-V-PAIR-RED.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
IronClad Framing Gloves. Usually last me about 4 to 5 months. Wash your gloves. They begin to stink. Nobody likes that.
Yup. Most carpenters and some automotive gloves work. Look for ones with cloth pads in the palm. They survive 4 months and 15 washing machine loads if you dont mind wearing something that is nearly torn to shreads.

Whether or not I use gloves depends on the day. 4 hour preload just use those hands. 5.5+ and the gloves really help cut back on the cuts, bruises and gripping fatigue.