Go Feeder or wait for 22.4?

qdg2

Save your knees, and go feeder. Then just cruise until you retire.
Know plenty of career feeder drivers with bad backs and knees. Obesity, high BP, diabetes on and on....especially those that had all day to smoke......truckstop food.....no exercise....

Cruise? You'll pay in the end.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
We just had 8-10 current package drivers sign the feeders list and most have already gotten the call to begin.
Everyone is tired and worn down and over this package BS lately. Forced 6th punch for 2+ years now, this job is trash right now and if the union doesn’t fix it next contract I’m leaving to feeders as well. Best contract ever amiright
Man your center must be run like pure :censored2:. TSP is actually honored where I’m at. Haven’t worked a 9.5 day in months. This job is awesome when getting off at 6pm everyday.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Know plenty of career feeder drivers with bad backs and knees. Obesity, high BP, diabetes on and on....especially those that had all day to smoke......truckstop food.....no exercise....

100% agree with this

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Most PTers work for the bennies. If he has 20 years with non union companies then he is making right choice sticking with UPS.

It all depends on your needs. Family, etc. Feeder you will work mostly nights until you gain enough seniority to get better hours. Not familiar with your hubs' feeder operations.
Better for your body compared to package. Most package drivers switch over to feeder when their hips, knees and other parts of body starts breaking down..

There are plenty of pros and cons to think about For everyone it is different.
Please stop telling people package ruins your body. It’s just bad advice. Follow the methods, take your damn lunch and breaks. And don’t be a runner. It’s pretty damn simple

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Please stop telling people package ruins your body. It’s just bad advice. Follow the methods, take your damn lunch and breaks. And don’t be a runner. It’s pretty damn simple
I don't think i know a single package driver with 20 plus years that did NOT have a problem with some aspect of their body.

I'll just keep telling drivers this because it's true. There are always exceptions of the rule.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd

Be that as it may the issues you listed could be prevented by simple diet, fitness, and not succumbing to harmful vices much like following the methods in package. Besides that out of the two I’d rather have something that can give me job opportunities/skills elsewhere in case for whatever reason things don’t work out here and I get let go.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

And here come Debbie Downer right on cue

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've drove 2 Seasons and this year went into the building pre load.
My center has posted for Feeder opportunities for PT employees. I am currently #17 to get into a brown (maybe January or February 23?).
I have a couple decades in Semi's so size doesn't concern me.
What are the pros and cons of Feeder over Package car? I'm in the Phx AZ area.
Package car is hot as hell. The company is making drivers die! Feeders!

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Package car is hot as hell. The company is making drivers die! Feeders!
In package you also gotta be cautious about getting robbed or shot for just doing your job. Not saying feeder’s is peachy, but by it’s very nature you deal more with the public and it’s ne’er-do-wells in package than in feeder. Here we gotta drive one year safely before we’re able to land a bid in feeders, but if I had a choice in the two I’d take feeders in a second no questions asked.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I don't think i know a single package driver with 20 plus years that did NOT have a problem with some aspect of their body.

I'll just keep telling drivers this because it's true. There are always exceptions of the rule.
To be fair, 20 years in package means you’re probably at least in your mid 40’s or 50. I don’t think ever met a 45 year old without a single ailment. UPS driver or not.

Brownwind

Just bid a route you like. Preferably the farthest route out with the smallest truck. All this runner talk gets me tired. Don’t be a runner…

Brownwind

Sounds cliché but I follow the methods, cut my sporh down and always try to take my lunch and breaks during the prescribed time.

Everyone I talk to who does this feels better when they finally do this.

nWo

Don't you need 1 year safe driving before going feeder? If you can go straight into feeder skipping 22.4 def do it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Sounds cliché but I follow the methods, cut my sporh down and always try to take my lunch and breaks during the prescribed time.

Everyone I talk to who does this feels better when they finally do this.
agree. It took me a long time to learn this in feeder. used to be super self conscious and it stressed me out.

Older driver told me to just do the best you can, use the methods, be safe , and DGIF what managers say and you'll be okay.
Wish I had learned this at the beginning.

It made the last 5-7 years at least partially enjoyable.