Going into feeder in progression.

959Nanook

All the new feeder drivers start out pulling doubles within the first few weeks here in Oregon. How much more is the pay? Do you know why it's different from our progression?

Do you have to wait six months to pull triples for UPS in Oregon? Have you already trained with triples? Just idle curiosity if you don't mind indulging me.

If you come across Tony B., send my regards. He came up to Alaska and trained me for Feeders. He returned to Alaska last year for my Long Vehicle Combination Certification so I can pull turnpike doubles for UPS.

UPS4Life

Once you make your 30 days in Feedah's you can't go back to package for 3 years.

Lotta people don't like it.
Who wouldn't like sitting on their ass and not busting ass running to doors? Where I'm from we have about a 30 day wait for feeders.... Our list for feeders and package car are so small nobody wants to do it from what I hear. We had a guy come over from FedEx for a full time position in feeders quit on his third day because he didn't like the on call deal or the ivis lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

959Nanook

Once you make your 30 days in Feedah's you can't go back to package for 3 years.

Lotta people don't like it.

My backup Feeder Driver bid had a minimum years of service requirement and I would not be surprised if the practice continues.

We have had a driver decide that full-time Feeders was not for them. We have had a backup Feeder Driver that hasn't bid a full-time Feeder route (only three routes in the Local) when they were available. I may be mistaken but I think he has more seniority than any other Feeder Driver in the Local.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I applied for the seasonal position off the street and was hired for a full time feeder position... what I did was called in everyday as a seasonal employee and begged for work(even though it wasn't necessary) it was always work to be done... and never had a service failure and paid union initiation fees on my last seasonal check and 3 months later I'm being bought on board full time ... I'm 28 at Earmo 6309

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My best bud is a sleeper team driver. He pulls down about $140k base pay and on top of that he usually works one of his days off doing extra work at about $500 for the day. It's rough alright, rough counting your money. I'd have trouble sleeping in a tractor 5 days a week.
Lots of money but no life.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I applied for the seasonal position off the street and was hired for a full time feeder position... what I did was called in everyday as a seasonal employee and begged for work(even though it wasn't necessary) it was always work to be done... and never had a service failure and paid union initiation fees on my last seasonal check and 3 months later I'm being bought on board full time ... I'm 28 at Earmo 6309

Be careful.

Things can happen quickly.

29793136_806951692849101_8481816052908794429_n.jpg

Maplewood

Ups is moving more and more away from rail. If you have one of the big distribution hubs like Tualatin or Hermiston OR in your local, there's already alot of feeder jobs and more coming.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I’m in Nor Cal, the guys I know that went to feeder while in progression jumped straight to top rate. No, it wasn’t a mistake. Ask around, check your contract, hopefully your local has the same deal.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Union Pacific was late almost every day down here for a long time. It caused big headaches trying to get drivers available when the RR decided to make the loads available, as well as making volume late to the centers. UPS put everything on the road for a long time to show the railroads we could do it without them.

twoweeled

I've only been a package driver for 1.5 years. I'm still in progression and at the $18.xx pay rate. I have 1.5 years left till I get to full scale based on the 3 year progression. Buuut I recently got the call to enter Feeder and I'm wondering if that'll immediately put me at full scale?
I know package and feeder pay scales are slightly different but I don't know much more than that, any knowledge out there?
I know this is probably a very rare issue considering UPS hasn't hired feeder drivers this young out of packages before.
Wow, that is a surprise. That is super quick! Right place, right time I guess.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The progression scale is the same for both package and feeder. Most drivers will have already gone through progression in package before making the move to feeders. It is rare to go straight from the hub or off the street to feeders but when it happens you would go through the same progression, only with a slightly higher top out rate to be used for the percentage calculation(s).
It is going to happen more and more... they are hiring from pkg off the street and drivers are going into feeder after a year or two...