Golf Cart "Drivers"

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
AND without heat in their VEHICLE

They are heated here.

Do the golf carts have license plates and operate on public streets ?

Yes.

Plates, no.

Here they do.

Sounds like they are seasonal drivers.

I agree.

Do they have PUCO numbers?

They don't need them because they're less than 10000 pounds GVW.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Heated by augmented means or the vehicle actually has a heater core?

81YNRjzSzqL._SL1500_.jpg

A

Article 3

New for 2017....

If they are required to have, and maintain a drivers license....

Sounds like they are seasonal drivers.

I would take this on.

-Bug-

We have a part timer who wanted to drive seasonally but because he had a DUI with the past three years they denied him but yet made him a golf cart driver at helper pay wage.
"For a golf cart to be street-legal under Ohio law, the cart must include seat belts, a windshield, a rear-view mirror, a horn, turn signals and head lights and brake lights. Cart drivers also are required to follow the same rules as other drivers. For example, DUI laws and insurance laws apply to anyone driving a golf cart on public roads. Cart drivers must be licensed drivers."

-Bug-

Rear view mirror for what? There's a huge box shoved up to the drivers back that totally blocks their view to the rear and renders the mirror useless.

DUI exclusion per UPS rules. But still drives an inspected, "street legal" vehicle with plates.

Last year we had a golf cart spin out and break off a mail box. No accident report made.

A

Article 3

These carts are plated as commercial not residential. It is transporting interstate commerce. You suppose the residential side of this transposes to the commercial side that is governed by federal law?

They're not a passenger vehicle when plated as commercial.

A

Article 3

These are the notes from the units your area is using...

IMG_20171119_120420.jpg

For use outside of your golf cart.
IMG_20171119_120446.jpg

Our carts have flaps on the side windows and they are totally enclosed thus allowing carbon monoxide to build up between stops. That is not "proper ventilation".
Evidently the company doesn't want to spend the money on the electric heaters that are listed at the bottom of the page so they send the employees out with compressed gas that's flammable and an open flame in the cab.

A

Article 3

The Company is paying golf cart drivers as "helpers", instead of as "seasonal drivers" here....

....at a significant discount.

Is this an anomaly?

~Bbbl ~™
A police chief told me recently that the golf carts had to be inspected by the state patrol to be plated as commercial. I would be surprised if anything in our building was inspected by the state patrol but I can guarantee you that those boxes were not attached to the back of them when they were... if they were.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
These carts are plated as commercial not residential.

Residential here.

It is transporting interstate commerce.

So are PVD's. They do not have to be plated as commercial.

Remember, a commercial motor vehicle definition?

Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle—

(1) Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or

(2) Is designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or

(3) Is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation; or

(4) Is used in transporting material found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous under 49 U.S.C. 5103 and transported in a quantity requiring placarding under regulations prescribed by the Secretary under 49 CFR, subtitle B, chapter I, subchapter C.

They're not a passenger vehicle when plated as commercial.

Not plated as commercial.

These are the notes from the units your area is using...

I know.

For use outside of your golf cart.

Or not to be used in an enclosed space without proper ventilation.

Our carts have flaps on the side windows and they are totally enclosed thus allowing carbon monoxide to build up between stops. That is not "proper ventilation".

Proper ventilation is only 2 square feet. They may be enclosed, but are not sealed.

Evidently the company doesn't want to spend the money on the electric heaters that are listed at the bottom of the page so they send the employees out with compressed gas that's flammable and an open flame in the cab.

Guess not.

A police chief told me recently that the golf carts had to be inspected by the state patrol to be plated as commercial. I would be surprised if anything in our building was inspected by the state patrol but I can guarantee you that those boxes were not attached to the back of them when they were... if they were.

May be true, but ours are residential.

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
Golf cart.jpg
THIS IS WHAT MY CART LOOKS LIKE. No Windshields, and it doesn't have that metal bumper on front. I did get a raincover for it. It sucks because when it was raining, it was very hard to see out of that plastic. Luckily it only rained one day so far. I am definitely not looking forward to any extremely cold days. if we have a winter like last year... it won't be bad. I like it okay, but I am concerned about the idiot drivers in our town. I have been riding a motorcycle for many years, so I am extremely aware and safe all the time. Not impressed with the pay or the hours so far, but hey... it is good experience. I hope it may lead to a better position after the season is over. If not... I'll at least have the experience to put on my resume for another driver job. I passed the USPS postal exam. They offered me a rural route position using my own vehicle. It has bucket seats and a console though, and you have to deliver from the right side of your vehicle. I had to decline that position, but they told me to apply again, when they offer a city carrier position. I just like driving, and I'd really like to find a full time job doing that. When I worked for an oil related company, I had to go out to locations. I completed the Smith System Driving Course. It is has the same exact principles as the 5 point and 10 point that UPS does.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I hate to say this, but until one of these golf cart guys gets killed by someone texting or didn’t see them at night, nothing will change.