Good Quotes

Whitelexus

upload_2018-12-8_14-30-41.jpeg

moreluck

golden ticket member
“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder

moreluck

golden ticket member
“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”
― Bob Hope

Whitelexus

“The women who are first to get naked, howl at the moon and jump into the sea. The women who drink too much whiskey, stay up too late and have sex like they mean it. This is for the women who seek relentless joy; the ones who know how to laugh with their whole souls. The women who speak to strangers because they have no fear in their hearts. The women who know their worth, who plant their feet and roar in their brilliance. This is for the women like Gloria Steinem who, when she was told, “We want a writer, not a woman. Go home,” kept writing anyway. This is for the women who drink coffee at midnight and wine in the morning and dare you to question it. For the women who don’t give a damn about pleasing the world, and do sweetly as they wish. For the superheroes—the single moms who work three jobs to make it. I salute your resilient, cape-flapping, ambitious selves. The women who create wildly, unbalanced, ferociously and in a blur at times. These are the women I want around me.” Janne Robinson, This Is For The Women Who Don’t Give A friend*

moreluck

golden ticket member
“Christmas can be celebrated in the school room with pine trees, tinsel and reindeers, but there must be no mention of the man whose birthday is being celebrated. One wonders how a teacher would answer if a student asked why it was called Christmas.”
― Ronald Reagan

moreluck

golden ticket member
“In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukkah!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!”
― Dave Barry

moreluck

golden ticket member
"When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things - not the great occasions - give off the greatest glow of happiness.”
― Bob Hope

moreluck

golden ticket member
“Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves.”
― Eric Severeid